My Photo
Name:

Born May 18, 1953; got saved at Truett Memorial BC in Hayesville, NC 1959. On rigged ballot which I did not rig got Most Intellectual class of 71, Gaffney High School. Furman Grad, Sociology major but it was little tougher than Auburn football players had Had three dates with beautiful women the summer of 1978. Did not marry any of em. Never married anybody cause what was available was undesirable and what was desirable was unaffordable. Unlucky in love as they say and even still it is sometimes heartbreaking. Had a Pakistani Jr. Davis Cupper on the Ropes the summer of 84, City Courts, Rome Georgia I've a baby sitter, watched peoples homes while they were away on Vacation. Freelance writer, local consultant, screenwriter, and the best damn substitute teacher of Floyd County Georgia in mid 80's according to an anonymous kid passed me on main street a few years later when I went back to get a sandwich at Schroeders. Had some good moments in Collinsville as well. Ask Casey Mattox at www.clsnet.org if he will be honest about it. I try my best to make it to Bridges BBQ in Shelby NC at least four times a year.

Thursday, July 13, 2006

A first

Seeing if in fact I just did what I think I did and created my own blog. If so, here is what I want all who see this to read so you can be up on things and worthy of discourse with the Magnificent Stevie himself.
If this goes well, will tell you more about the breaks of the game as they have come my way as we pilgrim on, obblongotta etc.

6 Comments:

Blogger foxofbama said...

checking the system here, before I invest more political capital

8:39 AM  
Blogger foxofbama said...

The purpose of this note is for reference to an interesting discussion going on now at www.baptistlife.com/forums faith and practice on How Biblical is the Christian Right. A Century Martin Marty piece is linked.
I commend that discussion to you and would only add at the moment, any discussion of that topic without being well versed in James Ault's Spirit and Flesh, especially the last several chapters and epilogue is shortsighted. And the #11 footnote in the last chapter, the footnote about Ault's experience with the Faculty and board of Trustees is weighty indeed. I hope to bring it to Furman's attention in a couple weeks.
Just getting use to this blog. When I get little more savvy, hope to put some pix up and links or reprints of the several letters to the editor and opeds I have had published this last year mostly in Bama.
Hot and humid here today, July 15, expected high of 96.
James Ault, Spirit and Flesh. Must reading for all of you who want to do more than pontificate.
Gus Niebuhr and Me. Now that's a tandem. We both can't be wrong.
Stephen Fox

9:14 AM  
Blogger foxofbama said...

7622 and 20
Ethicsdaily.com has two great reports up in the Friday July 14 online issue, one about what they call a throwaway comment by Bob Edgar of the NCC at the BCE luncheon as an auxiliary event to the Atlanta CBF, and another on my friend David Montoya and his latest Geraldo Rivera explorations in North Texas. Montoya in my book made is mark in the Kingdom prophetically with his exploration of Ronnie Floyd and Joe Atchison in the Northwest Arkansas cabal of 88; a prophetic work picked up to some degree in a front page story in the Wall Street Journal back in that day and those episodes. Working behind the scenes I was instrumental in getting Montoya on stage with Judge Pressler in October 1990 at Samford.
But I digressed. For me Parham's explanation, his rebutal to fundamentalist SBC bloggers is similar to my defense when a librarian and her board chair fabricated a conversation and its nuances here in Bama June 5 and got me banned from Baptistlife.com for three months.
I hope Parham has better luck with his explanations, his truth telling, than I had with mine.
On the other hand, I do not remember Parham and his staff doing a review of James Ault's Spirit and Flesh. Parham, and for that matter, my friend Bruce Prescott and his religious political blogger retreat this weekend in New Jersey could use the wisdom of Ault as they pilgrim on.
Stephen Fox
July 15, 06, Day after Auburn hit the Fan in NY Times
War Eagle

10:17 AM  
Blogger foxofbama said...

And here is something for the initial phase for some of you who may be making my acquaintance for the first time
www.postpaper.com/foxoped.htm

It is worth the url; a good read, especially in context of Johnny Pierce archived opinion piece at www.baptiststoday.org, his June 06 piece on the dysfunctional family of local congregations and national SBC; which he calls abusive.

2:50 PM  
Blogger C. Joshua Villines said...

Fox,

You might want to make those comments in the actual blog space (each as a new blog entry).

Nice layout, by the way!

Joshua

6:00 PM  
Blogger Semper Fi said...

I assume all these nice repetitive words were uttered before the Great Decision of Collinsville Baptist to exorcise your membership to the fellowship of the Believers. Is there nary a soul yet who would dare risk speaking of a Pardon; or has it been passed on to Jeff Sessions or President Donald J. Trump ?

6:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home