My Photo
Name:

Born May 18, 1953; got saved at Truett Memorial BC in Hayesville, NC 1959. On rigged ballot which I did not rig got Most Intellectual class of 71, Gaffney High School. Furman Grad, Sociology major but it was little tougher than Auburn football players had Had three dates with beautiful women the summer of 1978. Did not marry any of em. Never married anybody cause what was available was undesirable and what was desirable was unaffordable. Unlucky in love as they say and even still it is sometimes heartbreaking. Had a Pakistani Jr. Davis Cupper on the Ropes the summer of 84, City Courts, Rome Georgia I've a baby sitter, watched peoples homes while they were away on Vacation. Freelance writer, local consultant, screenwriter, and the best damn substitute teacher of Floyd County Georgia in mid 80's according to an anonymous kid passed me on main street a few years later when I went back to get a sandwich at Schroeders. Had some good moments in Collinsville as well. Ask Casey Mattox at www.clsnet.org if he will be honest about it. I try my best to make it to Bridges BBQ in Shelby NC at least four times a year.

Monday, July 20, 2026

Heifner Brothers and their Dad

GUEST BLOG: AS A MAN THINKETH............by Kevin Heifner--Nephrologist in Little Rock, AR

The title of a book written in 1902 by James Allen I’ve never read…
Todd snapped a rain picture in his AL backyard and sent it to JoAnn. She asked me to take a rain pic in AR we could send him. Thus Fred looking at rain.
Interestingly… we had just had a brief discussion, one of thousands over the years, of a general nature I thought common between fathers and sons…
Have come to realize it’s not typical for some. We talk about how people think, why they believe things they believe… Sometimes absurdities… We discuss philosophical, ethical issues and conundrums of the days. A favorite topic is the dissonance or disconnect between…
What we say we believe and how we act…
Holding two thoughts, which may be partly at odds yet each contain an element of truth… To be something wonderfully contemplated rather than a thing feared, restricted, even banned.
Today’s topic was a piece of yesterday’s news… that Arkansas magically is the state with “the most religious freedom” because it was awarded a prize saying so… from a group I have never heard of.
I can make this simple.
Tomorrow I could form the Pulaski County Naturalist Society and declare pigs can fly… or that a colony of ivory biilled woodpeckers lives in my backyard.
Neither claim would be true, but that’s irrelevant.
If I can get it on the news or sell it to a social media outlet to be placed online or in a paper…
People will see the headline and swallow a lie… hook, line, sinker.
Sadly, I have learned you cannot argue someone out of allegiance to a false narrative (a lie) when they have been conditioned to only read the headline.
People have to be taught sooner how to think critically, question, demand proof… because once it gets to the headline stage… ball game over. We need to thinketh better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home