My Photo
Name:

Born May 18, 1953; got saved at Truett Memorial BC in Hayesville, NC 1959. On rigged ballot which I did not rig got Most Intellectual class of 71, Gaffney High School. Furman Grad, Sociology major but it was little tougher than Auburn football players had Had three dates with beautiful women the summer of 1978. Did not marry any of em. Never married anybody cause what was available was undesirable and what was desirable was unaffordable. Unlucky in love as they say and even still it is sometimes heartbreaking. Had a Pakistani Jr. Davis Cupper on the Ropes the summer of 84, City Courts, Rome Georgia I've a baby sitter, watched peoples homes while they were away on Vacation. Freelance writer, local consultant, screenwriter, and the best damn substitute teacher of Floyd County Georgia in mid 80's according to an anonymous kid passed me on main street a few years later when I went back to get a sandwich at Schroeders. Had some good moments in Collinsville as well. Ask Casey Mattox at www.clsnet.org if he will be honest about it. I try my best to make it to Bridges BBQ in Shelby NC at least four times a year.

Thursday, April 26, 2007

Fox Apologizes

In the last few days I have taken a second look at some of the posts I have made here since the first of the year. A couple posts in particular referencing the report on Rural America by the Carsey Inst and conversations that may develop from such analysis; these posts on second look have an ominous tone, come across as a little arrogant and chocked full of hubris.
Such a disposition defeats the purpose of conversation, sabotages the whole initiative out of the starting gate. It suggests all the answers are already known, and that is self defeating.
So whatever conversations may develop, I wish them well and hope they may yet help navigate some of the tensions in the state between the reformers, the outside the box thinkers and the status quo.
In addition my post on the Anniston Star article about Study Clubs may have been a little overwrought. The article speaks for itself and for the most part was full of approval.
My experience with some of the leaders of these groups has been gracious. They have been kind to me for the most part and I appreciate it. They make good soup and Pound cake, and that is no small thing, seriously.
I wish them well.
So for any unintended offense emanating from what some consider to be high posturing in my attempt to make a point, I apologize.


Hope things otherwise with you all are well.

SFox

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home