My Photo
Name:

Born May 18, 1953; got saved at Truett Memorial BC in Hayesville, NC 1959. On rigged ballot which I did not rig got Most Intellectual class of 71, Gaffney High School. Furman Grad, Sociology major but it was little tougher than Auburn football players had Had three dates with beautiful women the summer of 1978. Did not marry any of em. Never married anybody cause what was available was undesirable and what was desirable was unaffordable. Unlucky in love as they say and even still it is sometimes heartbreaking. Had a Pakistani Jr. Davis Cupper on the Ropes the summer of 84, City Courts, Rome Georgia I've a baby sitter, watched peoples homes while they were away on Vacation. Freelance writer, local consultant, screenwriter, and the best damn substitute teacher of Floyd County Georgia in mid 80's according to an anonymous kid passed me on main street a few years later when I went back to get a sandwich at Schroeders. Had some good moments in Collinsville as well. Ask Casey Mattox at www.clsnet.org if he will be honest about it. I try my best to make it to Bridges BBQ in Shelby NC at least four times a year.

Friday, June 19, 2009

Rome launches out to make Tennis Statement

http://tiny.cc/I6p2K

Rome, Ga my Dad's hometown on the verge of becoming a tennis mecca. As the article says would be the biggest facility in Southeast outside of Mobile, Alabama where Bubba Busey is in a team tournament this weekend.

I wish they woulda had this ready when I was playing there in rec tourneys in the mid 80's. Uncle Fremont deserved a facility like this as well in the 40's.

Rome had a big fight getting it's new Library about ten years ago; and you can see there are some detractors in the comment line of the article that made front page just yesterday.

At same time would be nice to know something this first class is just forty five minutes away.

Good location; maybe it will happen.

Meanwhile, at Wimbledon, Djokovic may take out Federer in the semis; and would be good if Andy Murray has another good run.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home