My Photo
Name:

Born May 18, 1953; got saved at Truett Memorial BC in Hayesville, NC 1959. On rigged ballot which I did not rig got Most Intellectual class of 71, Gaffney High School. Furman Grad, Sociology major but it was little tougher than Auburn football players had Had three dates with beautiful women the summer of 1978. Did not marry any of em. Never married anybody cause what was available was undesirable and what was desirable was unaffordable. Unlucky in love as they say and even still it is sometimes heartbreaking. Had a Pakistani Jr. Davis Cupper on the Ropes the summer of 84, City Courts, Rome Georgia I've a baby sitter, watched peoples homes while they were away on Vacation. Freelance writer, local consultant, screenwriter, and the best damn substitute teacher of Floyd County Georgia in mid 80's according to an anonymous kid passed me on main street a few years later when I went back to get a sandwich at Schroeders. Had some good moments in Collinsville as well. Ask Casey Mattox at www.clsnet.org if he will be honest about it. I try my best to make it to Bridges BBQ in Shelby NC at least four times a year.

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

I'm going to Selma

I had hoped to go First Sunday in March 2007 to walk across with Hillary and President to Be Obama, but I didn't make it. But I have a friend inspired by the Arab Spring and James Dickey's son Christopher's reporting on the Mideast and he wants to go and I'm gon be dere. I think my sister may make the trip and some others with Connections to Collinsville, but I don't expect the three women who precipitated the events of May 28 2006 to be there.
God is bigger than them.
I'm going. I have txted a woman of influence hoping to bring this Woman to Selma this year. Would be grand if she can make it

http://hereandnow.wbur.org/2012/01/25/egypt-revolution-women

Heard a few minutes ago on NPR and it fired my resolve. Read by happenstance, reread Marshall Frady's intro to his Penguin bio of King. That got me fired up too, and Taylor Branch's parable about the anonymous fellow in 65: "We won when we started walking. Gonna do it for T.C. Smith and Herbert Gezork and Bonhoeffer and Willie Dean Tate and Esther Dawkings and my Mother and Grandfather Jordan.
Gonna be a righteous stroll.
S.C. went a little too red for Gingrich and that gives me some concern and Richard Land's segment on NPR Saturday afternoon before the results were in.
But My walk is not for spite.

Love to see you there weather permitting and the Lord Tarries.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home