My Photo
Name:

Born May 18, 1953; got saved at Truett Memorial BC in Hayesville, NC 1959. On rigged ballot which I did not rig got Most Intellectual class of 71, Gaffney High School. Furman Grad, Sociology major but it was little tougher than Auburn football players had Had three dates with beautiful women the summer of 1978. Did not marry any of em. Never married anybody cause what was available was undesirable and what was desirable was unaffordable. Unlucky in love as they say and even still it is sometimes heartbreaking. Had a Pakistani Jr. Davis Cupper on the Ropes the summer of 84, City Courts, Rome Georgia I've a baby sitter, watched peoples homes while they were away on Vacation. Freelance writer, local consultant, screenwriter, and the best damn substitute teacher of Floyd County Georgia in mid 80's according to an anonymous kid passed me on main street a few years later when I went back to get a sandwich at Schroeders. Had some good moments in Collinsville as well. Ask Casey Mattox at www.clsnet.org if he will be honest about it. I try my best to make it to Bridges BBQ in Shelby NC at least four times a year.

Wednesday, March 01, 2023

Some random thoughts of March 1. Limestone College, Gaffney SC

   My last blog was Feb 2 so I thought I should post something. My numbers were up last month as stats say I got 1472 views for the month, the last thirty days. I think Taylor Rogers and Nikki Haley mightve done the trick for me. Also I called several congressional offices and Meet the Press and invited them to investigate the underbelly and shallow waters of Nikki Haley and her politics. 

    Today I am thinking about Limetsone College and Martin Luther king. My Dad's Bethany Baptist Church was about a half mile out Limestone's Back gate so I had a shared history with the college for sixteen years. It has close history with the Hamrick family of Textile fame and now David Riggins who was a year older than me through elementary and then high school.

    They just finished Black History month and celebrated over the weekend their first black graduate, 1970

    What follows is facebook post on their main page sparked by a reading, which I shared, of this article

          https://baptistnews.com/article/mlks-civil-rights-work-was-an-outgrowth-of-his-baptist-tradition-author-explains/


    My Limestone Post:

      

  • The article I posted not only has political implications it is of great historical values for the best of the Baptist tradition. I have read Paul Harvey's bio of King. Like that of my Furman hero, Marshall Frady, it soars
    • Like
    • Reply
    • 1h
  • Stephen M. Fox
    I was very proud to work with Limestone trustee emeritus Faye Edwards ten years ago to bring Marian Wright Edelman to Limestone to speak. Growing up a half mile from the Limestone campus at Bethany Baptist church where my Father was pastor, the Civil Rights era and integration of the public schools was an existential anchor of my own archeological site. I challenge all folks of influence in the wider Limestone community to read the following article and explain to me how the MAGA wing of the GOP, the Freedom Caucus of the SC Legislature is the way forward for SC and the USA. It is not: https://baptistnews.com/.../mlks-civil-rights-work-was.../

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home