My Photo
Name:

Born May 18, 1953; got saved at Truett Memorial BC in Hayesville, NC 1959. On rigged ballot which I did not rig got Most Intellectual class of 71, Gaffney High School. Furman Grad, Sociology major but it was little tougher than Auburn football players had Had three dates with beautiful women the summer of 1978. Did not marry any of em. Never married anybody cause what was available was undesirable and what was desirable was unaffordable. Unlucky in love as they say and even still it is sometimes heartbreaking. Had a Pakistani Jr. Davis Cupper on the Ropes the summer of 84, City Courts, Rome Georgia I've a baby sitter, watched peoples homes while they were away on Vacation. Freelance writer, local consultant, screenwriter, and the best damn substitute teacher of Floyd County Georgia in mid 80's according to an anonymous kid passed me on main street a few years later when I went back to get a sandwich at Schroeders. Had some good moments in Collinsville as well. Ask Casey Mattox at www.clsnet.org if he will be honest about it. I try my best to make it to Bridges BBQ in Shelby NC at least four times a year.

Saturday, August 25, 2007

Johnny Pierce and John Killian blogs

At the expense of losing traffic here on my blog, I want to recommend two others.
Johnyy Pierce, editor of http://www.baptiststoday.org/ and native of NW Georgia is doing some interesting professional blogging with lot of anecdotes about Chattanooga Tn. His comparison of the tow truck museum in Chattanooga to the communism museum in Prague is a good read, as is his parable of Bobby Cox and Lee Roberson. Lot of folks in NE Alabama and elsewhere will want to be keeping up with him weekly.
John Killian, I have mentioned before. He is one of the more delightful fundamentalists anywhere, and his political thinking is formidable, but I'm convinced a little misguided. He is a hurdle http://www.alarise.org/ and that universe will have to jump.
But he is there, a charm, and with some fear and trembling for the following he may gather, I recommend you check on him too.

Pierece: http://www.bteditor.blogspot.com/
Killian: http://www.johnkillian.blogspot.com/

After you become enamored with them, don't forget to check on the Once Magnificent Stevie here at asfoxseesit from time to time, here at the Old and waning Cornerstone of Dissent

Oh, and case you missed the plug in a previous blog here, check out http://www.katecampbell.com/ tour dates to see what a big show is coming just 7 miles north of Collinsville in a few weeks.
I may cater some stuff up there for the competition of it all.


Here in the main text of my blog I want to think Johnny Pierce for his kind comment.
And here is a link to a strong essay from the Christian Century I have suggested to both Killian and Pierce, hoping they will share their thoughts on it; because it is a place to share common ground.

http://www.christiancentury.org/article.lasso?id=3582
Sunday morn August 26, update

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fox-
I am grateful for your kind words about the new bteditor.blogspot.com. and for introducing me to John Killian with whom I enjoyed a brief email conversation.
Johnny

4:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home