My Photo
Name:

Born May 18, 1953; got saved at Truett Memorial BC in Hayesville, NC 1959. On rigged ballot which I did not rig got Most Intellectual class of 71, Gaffney High School. Furman Grad, Sociology major but it was little tougher than Auburn football players had Had three dates with beautiful women the summer of 1978. Did not marry any of em. Never married anybody cause what was available was undesirable and what was desirable was unaffordable. Unlucky in love as they say and even still it is sometimes heartbreaking. Had a Pakistani Jr. Davis Cupper on the Ropes the summer of 84, City Courts, Rome Georgia I've a baby sitter, watched peoples homes while they were away on Vacation. Freelance writer, local consultant, screenwriter, and the best damn substitute teacher of Floyd County Georgia in mid 80's according to an anonymous kid passed me on main street a few years later when I went back to get a sandwich at Schroeders. Had some good moments in Collinsville as well. Ask Casey Mattox at www.clsnet.org if he will be honest about it. I try my best to make it to Bridges BBQ in Shelby NC at least four times a year.

Monday, July 16, 2007

Federer and Nadal

Just a passing thought, One I may embellish later.
Would be nice if while they are in their prime Federer and Nadal could play a series on different surfaces; fresh without the wear and tear of a tournament.
We pretty know who the best tennis players are in the world now. So why not cut to the chase and let them come at each other fresh, Like Ali and Joe Frazier.
I'm all for the tournaments and have even had some loved ones and friends see the big ones. Rahul has been to Wimbledon and US Open, Uncle Prent the Open and the French, and Cousin Neil the Australian. I think Baker has been to the Open also and my acquaintance Ross.
I saw Chris Evert in Columbus Georgia and heck, even played in the Burger King Open in Rome in 84; Rome, Georgia.
But I digressed.
Let's see Nadal and Federer several times in the next four years, maybe all on different kinds of clay.
I like Federer. He so smooth and has the complete game. For sure the best since Johnny Mac

Sfox

Chaplain W Prentice Fox who has seen both the French and US Open and played Number 4 at Carson Newman left handed in the early 50's emailed in the following comments:

I SAW YOUR BLOG. IT WAS NICE. I DOUBT YOU WILL GET ANY COMMENTS, EXCEPT MINE HERE. KILLIAN IS AVERAGING ABOUT 20 COMMENTS PER BLOG. FEDERER AND NADAL ARE DIFFERENT STYLES OF PLAYERS. FEDERER COMES FROM THE SCHOOL OF BJORN BORG AND EVEN BACK TO KENNY ROSEWALL AND ROD LAVER AND IVAN LENDL(REMEMBER HIM?); WHEREAS NADAL IS THE "SCRAMBLER-FIGHTER' LIKE AGASSI AND RODDICK. CONNERS AND MCENROE HAD THAT KIND OF GAME, BUT THEY DISGRACED THE LEVEL OF TENNIS BY THEIR PUBLIC PROFANITIES AND NASTY GESTURES. THE CLASSIC MATCH OF FEDERER-NADAL WAS PLAYED SOME WEEKS AGO THERE IN MALLORCA. ON ONE SIDE OF THE NET WAS GRASS; THE OTHER SIDE WAS RED CLAY. THEY SWITCHED TRADITIONAL SIDES ON ODD GAMES. I THINK FEDERER WON IN A TIE BREAK. AS TO WHO IS THE GREATER PLAYER, IT IS LIKE STEFFI GRAF AND NAVRITOLOVA.. YOU WILL NEVER KNOW THE ANSWER THIS SIDE OF HEAVEN; AND YOU MAY NOT KNOW IT ON THE OTHER SIDE. WPF USAF

Stephen> I was about to take the Chaplain out on the courts in Rome in the early 80's but he hit me in the back. We are still in counseling about the incident. (Insert smilie emoticon here)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home