My Photo
Name:

Born May 18, 1953; got saved at Truett Memorial BC in Hayesville, NC 1959. On rigged ballot which I did not rig got Most Intellectual class of 71, Gaffney High School. Furman Grad, Sociology major but it was little tougher than Auburn football players had Had three dates with beautiful women the summer of 1978. Did not marry any of em. Never married anybody cause what was available was undesirable and what was desirable was unaffordable. Unlucky in love as they say and even still it is sometimes heartbreaking. Had a Pakistani Jr. Davis Cupper on the Ropes the summer of 84, City Courts, Rome Georgia I've a baby sitter, watched peoples homes while they were away on Vacation. Freelance writer, local consultant, screenwriter, and the best damn substitute teacher of Floyd County Georgia in mid 80's according to an anonymous kid passed me on main street a few years later when I went back to get a sandwich at Schroeders. Had some good moments in Collinsville as well. Ask Casey Mattox at www.clsnet.org if he will be honest about it. I try my best to make it to Bridges BBQ in Shelby NC at least four times a year.

Friday, October 09, 2009

President Obama and the Nobel Prize

Here are my thoughts as shared on bl.com
Click on the title and scroll around to see what Cathy of Dallas and others said

I think Cathy got it about right


by Stephen Fox ยป Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:40 pm
in her second entry.

I cannot improve on what she said.If it were possible for Obama to have turned down the prize as a little premature without insulting this august committee, I think he mighta done so.One of the more forboding comments I heard this morning has resonances of Shakespearian tragedy, hoping this prize does not turn out to be a "poison chalice."

I think Obama is a phenomenal human being, but this latest is a little too strong on hero worship at the expense of the responsibilities the likes of Richard Land and others who could tamp down the rhetoric of the likes of Glenn Beck, Limbaugh and Hannity if only they would.

Ill timed well intentioned hope for humanity is what this prize may mean.

For what it is worth, Jonathan and others, I would have voted for the Tiannemen Square 10 on this 20th Anniversary year. I hear they were sad and disappointed they did not win, but congratulated his latest honor.I appreciate their honesty.


"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

1 Comments:

Blogger Georgia Mountain Man said...

I agree. I think it was done to make a point about the leadership that the US must take in securing peace and the President's efforts so far, but much too early in his career. I also think that it was done as an "in your face" for GW Bush.

1:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home