My Photo
Name:

Born May 18, 1953; got saved at Truett Memorial BC in Hayesville, NC 1959. On rigged ballot which I did not rig got Most Intellectual class of 71, Gaffney High School. Furman Grad, Sociology major but it was little tougher than Auburn football players had Had three dates with beautiful women the summer of 1978. Did not marry any of em. Never married anybody cause what was available was undesirable and what was desirable was unaffordable. Unlucky in love as they say and even still it is sometimes heartbreaking. Had a Pakistani Jr. Davis Cupper on the Ropes the summer of 84, City Courts, Rome Georgia I've a baby sitter, watched peoples homes while they were away on Vacation. Freelance writer, local consultant, screenwriter, and the best damn substitute teacher of Floyd County Georgia in mid 80's according to an anonymous kid passed me on main street a few years later when I went back to get a sandwich at Schroeders. Had some good moments in Collinsville as well. Ask Casey Mattox at www.clsnet.org if he will be honest about it. I try my best to make it to Bridges BBQ in Shelby NC at least four times a year.

Monday, May 12, 2008

What is the Soul of a Man



Blind Willie Johnson, The Soul of a Man:

Won't somebody tell me, answer if you can!Want somebody tell me, what is the soul of a man
I'm going to ask the question, answer if you can
If anybody here can tell me, what is the soul of a man?

I've traveled in different countries, I've traveled foreign lands
I've found nobody to tell me, what is the soul of a man
I saw a crowd stand talking, I came up right on time

Were hearing the doctor and the lawyer,
say a man ain't nothing but his mind

I read the bible often, I tries to read it right
As far as I can understand, a man is more than his mind
When Christ stood in the temple,
the people stood amazed
Was showing the doctors and the lawyers,
how to raise a body from the grave

1 Comments:

Blogger UKPONDSIDE said...

Mr. Fox, I have made a comment on a very old blog of yours (Friday November 17, 2006)...I know, I know! I would appreciate it if you could spare a few minuets to look over that old blog, and then read my following comment...I LOOK FORWARD TO GETTING YOUR COMMENTS:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
posted by foxofbama | Friday November 17, 2006 9:03 AM

1 Comments:
UKPONDSIDE said...
Hey Yall, I know this blog is old as all get-up, but I have a question. Just today, I ran across information that Mr. Brett 'BigScreen' Morgen made a docu in Collinsville Alabama in 1991/1992. I was born and bread in C'ville, and my 'late' mother was Mildred Maxine Kerley...R.I.P. Booty! Anyway, I have been away in England, UK for 20+ years, and I would love to have information on how I could acquire a copy of the docu that Brett shot in C'ville back then. As I understand it, he shot the majority of the docu in Pleasant Grove Baptist Church... Yep, I was Baptised there many years ago! I'm really excited to maybe have a chance to obtain this docu, as undoubtedly, Mamma would have been the star of that show..lol! It would just be sooooo cool to show my kids, her grandkids, her 15 mins of 'FAME'! With Brett now on the national Film Making scene, it would be excellent if he would shed some insight on the 'making of the C'ville docu'. Anyway, my name is Kenneth DeWayne Kerley, and like I said, I have vested interest in gaining an original copy of this docu. You can contact me at either of the following email addresses:

kerley_7@yahoo.co.uk
kenneth.kerley@hp.com

Upon contact, I will be willing to give you my direct telephone number.

Thank You In Advance,

Ken

4:34 PM

6:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home