My Photo
Name:

Born May 18, 1953; got saved at Truett Memorial BC in Hayesville, NC 1959. On rigged ballot which I did not rig got Most Intellectual class of 71, Gaffney High School. Furman Grad, Sociology major but it was little tougher than Auburn football players had Had three dates with beautiful women the summer of 1978. Did not marry any of em. Never married anybody cause what was available was undesirable and what was desirable was unaffordable. Unlucky in love as they say and even still it is sometimes heartbreaking. Had a Pakistani Jr. Davis Cupper on the Ropes the summer of 84, City Courts, Rome Georgia I've a baby sitter, watched peoples homes while they were away on Vacation. Freelance writer, local consultant, screenwriter, and the best damn substitute teacher of Floyd County Georgia in mid 80's according to an anonymous kid passed me on main street a few years later when I went back to get a sandwich at Schroeders. Had some good moments in Collinsville as well. Ask Casey Mattox at www.clsnet.org if he will be honest about it. I try my best to make it to Bridges BBQ in Shelby NC at least four times a year.

Friday, October 28, 2011

Had dream about Gaffney this morning

I've been devouring Clyde Bolton's Hadacol Days on Statham, Ga last couple days, and still winding down from renewing visit to my 40th Reunion in Gaffney, S.C. last Friday. Found a Utube easily googled for Gaffney Homecoming 2011.
This morning had a dream that several folks from Gaffney were in the Furman dining hall. Clark Price was explaining the situation to some mutual friends in Greenville. I don't know what the dream meant, wasn't as substantive as the Sheriff's Dream at End of No Country for Old Men, but did cause me in waking to remember the end poem of Cormac McCarthy's Cities on the Plain, the end of his Texas Trilogy.

I will be your Child To Hold
And you be me when I am old

The World Grows Cold
The Heathen Rage
The Story's Told
Turn the page.

Not quite.
Talked to Johnny Dawkins last night. He said he was gonna fly in for Lewis Huskey's BBQ in five years if it takes traction. Maybe Chip Sheffied, Charles Foster and Mike Francis will show up, and Billy Dean Blanton, Ray Mabry and Jack Simmons. I hope to be there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home