My Photo
Name:

Born May 18, 1953; got saved at Truett Memorial BC in Hayesville, NC 1959. On rigged ballot which I did not rig got Most Intellectual class of 71, Gaffney High School. Furman Grad, Sociology major but it was little tougher than Auburn football players had Had three dates with beautiful women the summer of 1978. Did not marry any of em. Never married anybody cause what was available was undesirable and what was desirable was unaffordable. Unlucky in love as they say and even still it is sometimes heartbreaking. Had a Pakistani Jr. Davis Cupper on the Ropes the summer of 84, City Courts, Rome Georgia I've a baby sitter, watched peoples homes while they were away on Vacation. Freelance writer, local consultant, screenwriter, and the best damn substitute teacher of Floyd County Georgia in mid 80's according to an anonymous kid passed me on main street a few years later when I went back to get a sandwich at Schroeders. Had some good moments in Collinsville as well. Ask Casey Mattox at www.clsnet.org if he will be honest about it. I try my best to make it to Bridges BBQ in Shelby NC at least four times a year.

Tuesday, February 05, 2013

Bob Dylan and Judge Roy Moore

  NPR had story this morning on my state Senator teaming with Gerald Dial to introduce into the state legislature a law allowing the Ten Commandments be posted in all county courthouses.
   I would hope Shadrack mcGill would spend his time gettin up to speed on the Scottsboro boys and what it may mean for Immigration reform; or tell us what he thought of the movie Lincoln.
   As For The Ten; I like what Bob Dylan said
   Bob said he liked the Ten Commandments he had no problem with them.  The first one for instance Thou Shalt Have no Other Gods before Me is a good commandment, Bob Said; if its not said by the wrong people.
 
    That's the concern I have with Roy and Shadrach.

    I think Shadrach and his fellow senators should have a remedial education course in Stephens and Giberson's The Anointed. Now that could help the state a litte.

    In that vein I talked to my friend John Killian, this mornin. John is president of the Bama SBC. Making it clear he didn't speak for the convention or any other Baptists, he was proud to say he nominated the Tea Party's Bill Armisted for 2nd round as head of the Bama GOP, over the wishes of SBC Deacon Gov Bentley.

  Armisted won 221 to 159 with one of those votes coming from Mary Anne Cole, of the Ft. Payne Tea Party. She and Eunie Smith are tight.

      Killian and I talked about the Killians of the Gravel Hill Commnity. According to one historial John cited, they were all Confederates. My cousin Pat said my great Grandfather and his brother Henry Rufus Jordan fought with the Union.

   H. R. Jordan is on the Historic Marker near the Bridge in Downtown Collinsville. I think Nessa's now occupies his old store.

     On another front Rev. Killian says he stands by his assertions on the immigration panel at Samford of last fall.
    

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home