My Photo
Name:

Born May 18, 1953; got saved at Truett Memorial BC in Hayesville, NC 1959. On rigged ballot which I did not rig got Most Intellectual class of 71, Gaffney High School. Furman Grad, Sociology major but it was little tougher than Auburn football players had Had three dates with beautiful women the summer of 1978. Did not marry any of em. Never married anybody cause what was available was undesirable and what was desirable was unaffordable. Unlucky in love as they say and even still it is sometimes heartbreaking. Had a Pakistani Jr. Davis Cupper on the Ropes the summer of 84, City Courts, Rome Georgia I've a baby sitter, watched peoples homes while they were away on Vacation. Freelance writer, local consultant, screenwriter, and the best damn substitute teacher of Floyd County Georgia in mid 80's according to an anonymous kid passed me on main street a few years later when I went back to get a sandwich at Schroeders. Had some good moments in Collinsville as well. Ask Casey Mattox at www.clsnet.org if he will be honest about it. I try my best to make it to Bridges BBQ in Shelby NC at least four times a year.

Friday, February 08, 2013

Psalm 27, Mrs. Rosa Parks and Anne Marie Malecha

    On Wednesday I listened to the hourlong conversation on drshow.org, the latest history of Rosa Parks. It was inspirational as I imagined Ms. Parks likely drove right in front of my house in 1955, possibly with Martin Luther King, Jr. on the way from Montgomery to Monteagle, Tennessee to Myles Horton's famous workshop there.
     Horton in 1931 was in Union Seminary in NYC with Dietrich Bonhoeffer and the son of the then pastor of 16th Street Baptist Church in Birmingham.....

   I got inspired and called a staffer for my US Congressman Robert Aderholt. In fact I talked to two of his staffers, one who happened to be from Australia and was fascinated with the Justice Porch in the National Cathedral in WAshington D.C.

   Sadly as the name of Ms. Malecha bubbled up in one of the conversations I have no reason to believe the Madison, Wisconsin Tea Party woman knows anything of the legacy of Parks, not to mention the other folks on the justice porch.

    Maybe with this post her remedial education will begin.

   And hopefully, Congressman Aderholt, who I understand has had only one town hall meeting in the last year and half will engage his district and informed voices on immigration reform including the ethicsdaily.com documentary, and former UMC Bishop Willimon.

   Here is a link to the Diane Rehm show and the new bio of Parks

http://thedianerehmshow.org/shows/2013-02-06/jeanne-theoharis-rebellious-life-mrs-rosa-parks

And here is a little sumpn sumpn on Ms. Malecha

http://www.rollcall.com/issues/56_122/Aide-Starts-New-Job-in-Crisis-Mode-205604-1.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home