My Photo
Name:

Born May 18, 1953; got saved at Truett Memorial BC in Hayesville, NC 1959. On rigged ballot which I did not rig got Most Intellectual class of 71, Gaffney High School. Furman Grad, Sociology major but it was little tougher than Auburn football players had Had three dates with beautiful women the summer of 1978. Did not marry any of em. Never married anybody cause what was available was undesirable and what was desirable was unaffordable. Unlucky in love as they say and even still it is sometimes heartbreaking. Had a Pakistani Jr. Davis Cupper on the Ropes the summer of 84, City Courts, Rome Georgia I've a baby sitter, watched peoples homes while they were away on Vacation. Freelance writer, local consultant, screenwriter, and the best damn substitute teacher of Floyd County Georgia in mid 80's according to an anonymous kid passed me on main street a few years later when I went back to get a sandwich at Schroeders. Had some good moments in Collinsville as well. Ask Casey Mattox at www.clsnet.org if he will be honest about it. I try my best to make it to Bridges BBQ in Shelby NC at least four times a year.

Friday, June 02, 2017

Our Shooger Booger turns 44 today

     The Prince's Wife, the Shooger Booger, aka Susan Weaver now Morgan has birthday today. Hers is always 15 days after mine and a day of the week later.

   SWM has been a dear friend since she was in 8th grade. Time flies but I have known her for two thirds of her life now about half of mine.

   She is key player in a film script that has been read as far away as the state of Washington, but it is not in production. Set in a fictionalized version of Collinsville Alabama, late 90s, early 21st Century, let's just say it's something. She comes out best of the four key roles, all fictionalized versions of the founding members of the Collinsville Film Society.

    Her Mother made perfect on ACT in 65 in Math and Sbooger likes a good sunday school class.

   She crossed over to the Baptists from the Methodists circa 94 and what follows are some memorable shared history events many of which she's probably forgotten as life does go on.

      The dipstick incident 2am in the morning 2 blocks south of the Historic Iconic 16th Street Baptist church after City Stages. Two Cars. Ms Weaver Morgan was driving the Honda with four 8th graders, Jojo Morgan, Oliver Hall II and the kid, later QB whose name I will remember shortly.

   I was in the Malibu with Andee, Brett and Matt Morgan, the latter now Yale Div School grad helping the Homeless in Connecticut.

    The Rip Shinn tour of Thanksgiving circa 93 or 94. Full Van, The Prince driving. My sister Marsha was in town and in the second row. I think Ross was in the car somewhere and I had shotgun.

     Jekyll trips with Collinsville Youth. Andy usually left a day early cause he had things to do and I rode back with him through Surrency. We has Rusted Root on the sound system and it cost him 200 dollars when the the state trooper stopped him. Another time just me and Andee and the Boog and Matthew. There was a picture taken but I was not in it.

  And who could forget The Cedar Bluff game of fall of 92 and all the ensuing drama. I went to Rome Ga with Mark Delk and didn't get there till half time and picked up some fried apple pies from My Dad and Edna. The next Friday booger and I hit some tennis balls on the parking lot with a net on it in Collinsville and there were some miscommunications that followed before the homecoming game.

      The Trail. I forget the official name. That's where late teens come to the substitute teachers house at 2 am and blow on the horn and shine the lights through the window. If you go outside to see if it's the KKK they say get in the Van, and then they take you through a pasture you don't know about across a ridge and under the interstate. One time they took a truck and Andrea bounced out of the bed and as they say at the end of the  novella Train Dreams, That time was gone forever.

       Ride to Auburn with Leah to see Dodd, and Janies Got a Gun with with the Mayor's daughter after the Montgomery slow pitch finals in 94. Andee checked out of class early. Transport by the Malibu a good car.

   And just last night the lime green suit, John Travolta special, pumps and all when Dodd came down to the house, Pam Hall brought that up just last night and got a big guffaw. Oh, Brett and the Rolling Stones on Cable AXS this Sunday at 5 pm bama time

    And that day in 2006, March I think it was when David Ryan and another city council member and I strolled through town talking about the direction of the city and I dropped by the waterboard there by the Levee and you had gone to lunch. That is one of Lori at City Halls faves.

   And who could forget that day when you came through town when I was hitting tennis balls against the flower shop and you stopped at the car to see if I had an extra can in the backseat. Our friend Jeremy Higginbotham liked that one and it was the best laugh at my expense I remember from the Dawg Nine

       Early Sunday morning devotions the morning the Booger got baptized.

    Summer of 2000 when Dr. Gorgeous and her friend from Cullman came to town with Pacers.

    My last time in the choir loft with some members of UVA's Jubilate to sing gloriously on April Fools Day for the Booger and Prince wedding. I remember David Ryan was in the balcony as was Laura, the tax collectors daughter in law. Full House. Raymond was there and Aunt Katie and the whole deal. Becky Kennedy director.

   Prince and Boog came to my 50th Bday party in SC cause I was kicked out of about everything in Collinsville by then. LOLOL. They broke my sister's coffee maker but that's okay cause they helped with Cotton Patch Gospel choir tour starring the skinny preacher and my nephew Andrew and everybody got to see President Carter in 2014.

   And what Ms Rowan, the good Librarian said.

   I could go on and on but the Booger is kinda quiet and public and is tired of all the fuss by now I'm certain.

   God Bless and Happy Birthday the booger. Your Mom is holding the two dollars for the present best I know. Still working on the Crowd Source funding.

   Don't forget the free blackberry cobbler and scoop of vanilla bean at the Cracker Barrell.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home