My Photo
Name:

Born May 18, 1953; got saved at Truett Memorial BC in Hayesville, NC 1959. On rigged ballot which I did not rig got Most Intellectual class of 71, Gaffney High School. Furman Grad, Sociology major but it was little tougher than Auburn football players had Had three dates with beautiful women the summer of 1978. Did not marry any of em. Never married anybody cause what was available was undesirable and what was desirable was unaffordable. Unlucky in love as they say and even still it is sometimes heartbreaking. Had a Pakistani Jr. Davis Cupper on the Ropes the summer of 84, City Courts, Rome Georgia I've a baby sitter, watched peoples homes while they were away on Vacation. Freelance writer, local consultant, screenwriter, and the best damn substitute teacher of Floyd County Georgia in mid 80's according to an anonymous kid passed me on main street a few years later when I went back to get a sandwich at Schroeders. Had some good moments in Collinsville as well. Ask Casey Mattox at www.clsnet.org if he will be honest about it. I try my best to make it to Bridges BBQ in Shelby NC at least four times a year.

Thursday, December 21, 2006

Wrapup; 1-2-07/Holiday volleyball and travel notes/Sorry

My nephew came back and took the second round and then with the help of his Mother; took the Winner take all, sudden death final tiebreaker one game finale.
By that time our hearts were with perfecting our chosen lines from the Pink Panther DVD. As it turned out we chose the same lines, about Pierre Douket and Fwance is Fwance, so that turned into a contest as well.
The Next day a Clempsom grad showed up and I had to get the rental back to Bama.
Was in a funk cause civilization is civilization and Bama is Bama but as the fellow with the cousin in Mobile said in Blessings of Liberty in the barbershop that has changed hands since then: "I love it here and never want to move away."
Well not exactly, but here I am.
Got into a serious contest Dec 30, two on two in the shank of the day, just off Little Wills Creek.
Me and an all county guard who graduated about two years ago was playing another fifth year senior and his brother, an 8th grader. I had to guard the 8th grader.
My team won the first game cause I was on it and kept making these great passes. Then Brother #1 planted his big self under the basket and nobody could stop his gimmees, and th kid starts embarrasing me hitting these lone rangers from the ditch across the road.
So we're in game three and I didn't know if I was gonna pass out or not, getting a little winded, since I got em all age wise by 30 years and the 8th grader by about 40.
But I pull my two handed down towner out of my shorts and bank it in to go up 7-6 in the third win by two and I though that was the contest. But my All county revenant misses his J and the brothers win about dark.
I can't say I shoulda gotten all tournament cause I missed the whole damn backboard on a couple shots, but I thought we had it when I put us up 7-6, make it, take it.
Had some pizza with the adversaries and ended the year in community with my fellow citizens, and serious analysis of the DVD version of SEan Penn's All the King's Men and all the feature commentary, including Alan Brinkley of Columbia, University.
Next year I hope to play some Rook during the Holidays, and take more sausage to my Loved Ones in South Carolina.
Had a good lunch Sunday, but the pork roast and chick n dressin woulda been nice.
Didn't have any blackeyes on the First, but had a good chop.
Lost five dollars on the Rose Bowl.
Wore my Kramer shirt for Mark Morgan and his boy Indough to see Sunday. Not excusin nor condonin Kramer, just standing in solidarity cause we all get misunderstood on occasion.
Imagine them Numbers.
And the latest, I thought Susan Ford chose a good text and did a fine job with the James Epistle this morning.
I met four people in the room, saw two others in person, and know three more through surrogates.

The 26th, !2:19
I just beat my 7 year old precocious nephew in the fourth straight game of Sorry. we are having a holiday tournament. It has now become almost mathematically impossible for him to win the tournament now, but he is recalcitrant.
It this latest round, I not only beat him but took his Mother, my sister and Junior by three years. They tagged up on me but THEY CANNOT DEFEAT THE mAGNIFICENT STEVIE.
wE have been watching the pink Panther and have solved the Murder of Pierre Lieukough.
Owen flew to Santa Fe. We called KT on the phoun about the sausage.
There is some chatter at www.thinkingbaptists.com about Freemasonry. I may go public here and there about my incident of Feb 23, whose first anniversary comes up shortly.

Christmas Day about 7:32My nephew was mocking my blog this evening, and Sundance close call at supper and all things Uncle Dee, so here is his chance. He is here with his gorgeous woman. They may go on Oprah or Dr. Phil in 07 for relationship therapy, but tonight is rapprochement. She is a fan of Kevin McConnaughee, and Chad liked his line in Dazed and Confused(it would be a lot cooler if you did); now it is time for the farting ornaments and the book about Walter the farting dog.





Dec 23, a Saturday
Beautiful day in Georgia and the Carolinas, though I didn't quite make it to Spartanburg, just took the Weather Channel's word for North.
Had a good well cushioned ride in a rental. Sun was bright and caught some classic rock.
NWest of Gainesville, east of the community of Matt, had a good lunch at a CFA studying Sat and the early edition of the AJC.com; the printed version. Long story on the Billy Graham family troubles with the differences for Billy and Ruth's final resting place with Franklin holding out for the cow palace in Charlotte and Ned and the Cornwell woman in Ruth's Corner for the Cove. I lean toward the Cove myself.
Large family gathering tabled beside me, looked like a family of fertile daughters with the third generation coming in fulsome and numbers, and a proud raconteur of a youngish grandfather holding court talking to a soninlaw best I could figure while the women were earnest about this and that. The Proud Grandad or Uncle was talking movies and said he'd seen Talladega Nights twice. That started my synapses chiming in the cerebellum region or whichever one it is in charge of creative thought, and I started speculating right away about how to get my own marginal news about Sundance to him. Got a business card with a Bible Verse on it from Mr. Cathy's outfit there in the store and gave him some things to read and a movie to look for in about three years.
All the fertiles and the grandmothers, in fact the entire extended family, was charmed I had graced their gathering with such tantalizing, news. Most I've felt like a celebrity since the days after the Talent Show for Frito Lay Fall of 73.
Hit the road with a pumped version of myself but got three miles up the road before I realized I had forgotten to get a refill in my maxisized Go Cup. Was so full of my self then.
But the day was nice and it early afternoon. Classic rock was coming in out of Atlanta full throttle with a Little ZZ Top, And I'm Stil Alive by PJ. And I was.
About 30 minutes later took a moment of remembrance where Demris lays there on Mt. Zion Church Rd. He's still dead but not a better view for a cemetery anywhere in America.
Took the shortcut through Clarkesville, felt the presence of Barbara Brown Taylor not far away outside Demorest.
Came on in; too early for Schlotzky's.
Went lookin for a Screamin Monkey, but like Rainsville, Alabama they are old sold out. Hoping loved ones in the house don't see this, cause that would ruin my surprise gift that is not to be anyway, given Tiff and Weddy are hoarding in Bama.
Took a walk with the nephew, got beat in a pickup game, had sort chat with some missionaries in on furlough and went to Barnes and Noble to see if they had Barry Hankins new book on Schaefer. They don't. They do have the movie Five Easy Pieces, but no Day of the Locusts; and no Screaming Monkeys.
Went looking for Schlotzky's by the Mall but it shut down three years ago, so headed out to Pelham where one of the last three in the Upstate still stands.
Got a friend in the house now whose son is in Cairo row leaning toward Afghanistan, a world traveler for sure.
More later. Andrew rang the cymbals and wants to play Sorry.
Uncle Dee.

Dec 21: Second section (Loriane)was written by a guest poseur mimicking myself before Viella Fiesta. Here, Sat I remember Loraine's name; it was Sara Edwards.

Great volleyball in Collinsville, alabama last night. The only minus was the shooger booger was a no show.
We had a college coach there, several aging scholarship players, a male who used to warm up the Duke Girls Team, and an adept from Centre Alabama; also Billy and Brandon
I was on team three.
After the Morgan's lost their first game, my team got to play the best team there, Billy and Brandon's with Centre adept, DeeWayne.
We went up 9-7, to the surprise of the whole gymnasium, recently honored by the Collinsville Class of 41, I thank it was, and plaqued to that notion. I think, shoot, can't call the woman's name at the moment was on the committee that year for the dedication.
I played my role exquisitely in the first game; was about to blow Morgan team off the court in our second game, but showed mercy when Whitney started serving.

Loraine. Maybe that was it. Eggs this morning were right there and then I sat in the car a while. Whitney serves a underhanded deal there like the Pooh used to do when he was over for the play and shorts. Booger high tails it sometime, but she is married to the Prince now and nobody sees the Pooh come out the house that ain't on 55 Spring anymore for durn near weeks at a time.
I don't think it was Loraine, come to think of it.
Think Whit appurciated my mercy as I'm wont to take out the festering frustrations of a thousand lost or stolen days on mine enemies when the old fight or flight kicks in on the courts, be they tennis or another...like volleyball for instance....as was the instance last night, like I say.

Val and her navel ring did not show last night.
Hoping Larve can come down from Clempsom and make some line calls. The corner Morgans overruled a revenant on the Billy Brandon Team last night and stole a point from the Magnificent Stevies' onslaught.

1 Comments:

Blogger foxofbama said...

Andrew won the fourth Sorry game, or game One of Round Two, a best 2 of three. I won the second.
We play the tiebreaker in the morning.

6:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home