My Photo
Name:

Born May 18, 1953; got saved at Truett Memorial BC in Hayesville, NC 1959. On rigged ballot which I did not rig got Most Intellectual class of 71, Gaffney High School. Furman Grad, Sociology major but it was little tougher than Auburn football players had Had three dates with beautiful women the summer of 1978. Did not marry any of em. Never married anybody cause what was available was undesirable and what was desirable was unaffordable. Unlucky in love as they say and even still it is sometimes heartbreaking. Had a Pakistani Jr. Davis Cupper on the Ropes the summer of 84, City Courts, Rome Georgia I've a baby sitter, watched peoples homes while they were away on Vacation. Freelance writer, local consultant, screenwriter, and the best damn substitute teacher of Floyd County Georgia in mid 80's according to an anonymous kid passed me on main street a few years later when I went back to get a sandwich at Schroeders. Had some good moments in Collinsville as well. Ask Casey Mattox at www.clsnet.org if he will be honest about it. I try my best to make it to Bridges BBQ in Shelby NC at least four times a year.

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Pour Down Rain in Cave Spring

Here is a float blog from an email I sent some friends not long ago. One is a pretty good story teller. May see if this grows into anything evanescing.

But before that here is the comment of the week from my friend www.johnkillian.blogspot.com about his girl goin off to the secular University.

Thuh yung repote-ah said...
I dunno about the BSU, but she shure gone see a fine brand of college tackle football this fall.....
June 25, 2007 2:52 PM
Bunkey said...
JOhn,Great article John. God is going to bless Sarah. She is a wonderful girl with true convictions and two great parents. You have taught her well and she will be fine. I totally agree with the article on secular universities and I am thankful that the Baptist have a strong presence at UA. One more thing.............Roll Tide
June 26, 2007 4:57 PM
Michelle Halcomb said...
Dear Pastor, So hard to believe she is off to college, considering the last time I saw her, she was a tiny tot. All I'm going to say is Proverbs 22:6. You know it, and I know you, so I know Sarah will do just fine. I pray that my girls choose christian college as well, but I comfort myself with Proverbs. I cling to that promise. The more I think about Sarah, the more nostalgic I become. I think I hear the same background...seedlings turn overnigt to sunflowers, blossoming even as we gaze....LOL! Praying for you to have peace...Burge #2
June 26, 2007 5:52 PM

Young repoteah phrase turn "fine brand of college tackle football" is outstanding. It's even better in context of good read of the blog and the comments before, those these after give you a taste of the sentiment.

Here is my report on the rain and how it turned my day around, from a good cafe experience.

I was doin okay I asked the black man seated with his wife, if he didn't think Whole life was all he needed. He'd been talking insurance for about 10 minutes. A complete stranger he was, waiting on his country style steak.
Nice fellow, but I think I made a faux pas, pushing the repartee uninvited one feeder too far.
I had finished my three catfish filets and chocolate cream pie, waiting on the summer shower to stop. Came to Cave Spring cause it was supposed to be hot and humid all day, and I was thinking about the icey spring water to get me through the afternoon.
Probably wouldn't said any thing about the whole life if my previous conversation hadn't gone so well; local raconteur was holding forth on various horrible accidents he'd either witnessed or heard about lately. I told him Pemberton's Bride was a good story and where he could get it.
Not sure what to do with the rest of the day, now that the showers are itching past sporadic into the realm of continuously.
May use this seed for a blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home