My Photo
Name:

Born May 18, 1953; got saved at Truett Memorial BC in Hayesville, NC 1959. On rigged ballot which I did not rig got Most Intellectual class of 71, Gaffney High School. Furman Grad, Sociology major but it was little tougher than Auburn football players had Had three dates with beautiful women the summer of 1978. Did not marry any of em. Never married anybody cause what was available was undesirable and what was desirable was unaffordable. Unlucky in love as they say and even still it is sometimes heartbreaking. Had a Pakistani Jr. Davis Cupper on the Ropes the summer of 84, City Courts, Rome Georgia I've a baby sitter, watched peoples homes while they were away on Vacation. Freelance writer, local consultant, screenwriter, and the best damn substitute teacher of Floyd County Georgia in mid 80's according to an anonymous kid passed me on main street a few years later when I went back to get a sandwich at Schroeders. Had some good moments in Collinsville as well. Ask Casey Mattox at www.clsnet.org if he will be honest about it. I try my best to make it to Bridges BBQ in Shelby NC at least four times a year.

Saturday, November 03, 2007

Assasination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford

Great Movie; Go see it

Google it up and read some reviews. Great pacing, and Missouri,the setting becomes a character, a force in the movie. Landscape shapes the story and the camera masters every mood of the elements.
Both Ford and James were 5'8" and had blue eyes. That's in the movie and the trailer. The premonitions of nancy grace in about the 5th act, though some revenants say there should be only three, is very good aspect.
One thing that struck me and hits of oncoming modernism is the domesticity of the most significant violence. It's indoors,not outside.
And hints of the museum ofGod and Museum of Crime all around, especially in the background fiddle hymn I mention elsewhere in this take.
See it twice; and don't wait for the DVD. This one deserves a bi screen viewing.
James Carville is the Governor of Missouri almost to as good affect as Billy Bob as DAvy Crockett playig the fiddle in the shank of the evening in The Alamo; though this flick far outdistances Alamo in every aspect.
I'm gonna say good as Godfather II or better though I may have to eat that assertion later.

Something else was on my mind; BBQ and fall sunlight; Phase three of The Church with reversion to PreConstantine models--I'm only as smart as the last lecture I heard--the world goes on without me; something I was thinking of about noon but I can't remember.


Brad Pitt and Carville did a good job with Ridley and the others, and the words and syntax are near perfect till somebody convinces me otherwise.

Fox In another movie Iliked a lot, a friendpointedout Russell Crowe in 3:10 to Yuma draws three pictures. His drawings are of something of beauty. So this criminal has good in him. Not so much the duh of it as great character aspect developed in the movie.
And the friend says Crowe the criminal mostly kills bad people. His only true friend,outside the boy in the movie,is the FAther whose circumstances for redemption Crowe creates.
The critic in question says Crowe's character doesn't have to go to the STation by the time the story gets to that point,he only goes because it completes the opportunity for the Father's redemption in the eyes of the Son.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home