My Photo
Name:

Born May 18, 1953; got saved at Truett Memorial BC in Hayesville, NC 1959. On rigged ballot which I did not rig got Most Intellectual class of 71, Gaffney High School. Furman Grad, Sociology major but it was little tougher than Auburn football players had Had three dates with beautiful women the summer of 1978. Did not marry any of em. Never married anybody cause what was available was undesirable and what was desirable was unaffordable. Unlucky in love as they say and even still it is sometimes heartbreaking. Had a Pakistani Jr. Davis Cupper on the Ropes the summer of 84, City Courts, Rome Georgia I've a baby sitter, watched peoples homes while they were away on Vacation. Freelance writer, local consultant, screenwriter, and the best damn substitute teacher of Floyd County Georgia in mid 80's according to an anonymous kid passed me on main street a few years later when I went back to get a sandwich at Schroeders. Had some good moments in Collinsville as well. Ask Casey Mattox at www.clsnet.org if he will be honest about it. I try my best to make it to Bridges BBQ in Shelby NC at least four times a year.

Monday, December 17, 2007

Furman in Time MAg; No Country Makes Top Ten

Furman '83 alumin Mark Sanford has good quote in the Cover Story of Time magazine current issue. Something to the effect if Jesus Christ himself was running for the GOP spot, first quote from another REpublican this year would be his beard doesn't look right.
Sanford Has the Furman look; all that charm and sophistication that comes with being raised swell in Charleston, which is a little different than being Raised in Union, South Carolina; where Lee Atwater's wife was from.
Stephen Colbert is from Charleston.
I had the Furman look for a few days in Rome, Georgia in the early 80's, but all vestiges left me in the last couple years.
I have been defeated, thrown in the towel compliments of some good Christian Women here in Alabama.

Sanford makes a good photo opp. I think he brings more to the equation than Gov Whathisface, the White Citizen's Council man that lead the Motorcade from Greenville in 70's against Brown Decision. He beat the Good Jew, Max Heller, of Greenville, a friend of Furman and LD Johnson and President Blackwell.
Sanford brings a little more to the table. See if he ain't a serious VP contender.
Maybe George Singleton will stump with him; help with the cracker vote.

Like the Kingfish, said: I'm a Cracker and so are you, but don't I take good care of you?

Which brings us to another shade and No Country for Old Men
Time Mag says No Country is the Best Movie of 2007, Numero Uno this year.

The Collinsville Film Society unanimously, scattered as we are now, concur; though I have a soft spot for The Assassination of Jesse James by That Coward Robert Ford.
I am the President of the Society.
I am hoping to get in touch with Andrew Dominik for an effort I am attached to, that has every potential to equal There Will Be Blood, another great film from what I read, that in the end may get a co-vote for my Number One Spot.

Karl Rove has a good tee shirt in the Top Ten Time Issue.
Browse through it.
Next Year the Number One Novel for the Year will be Serena.
Write it Down.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home