My Photo
Name:

Born May 18, 1953; got saved at Truett Memorial BC in Hayesville, NC 1959. On rigged ballot which I did not rig got Most Intellectual class of 71, Gaffney High School. Furman Grad, Sociology major but it was little tougher than Auburn football players had Had three dates with beautiful women the summer of 1978. Did not marry any of em. Never married anybody cause what was available was undesirable and what was desirable was unaffordable. Unlucky in love as they say and even still it is sometimes heartbreaking. Had a Pakistani Jr. Davis Cupper on the Ropes the summer of 84, City Courts, Rome Georgia I've a baby sitter, watched peoples homes while they were away on Vacation. Freelance writer, local consultant, screenwriter, and the best damn substitute teacher of Floyd County Georgia in mid 80's according to an anonymous kid passed me on main street a few years later when I went back to get a sandwich at Schroeders. Had some good moments in Collinsville as well. Ask Casey Mattox at www.clsnet.org if he will be honest about it. I try my best to make it to Bridges BBQ in Shelby NC at least four times a year.

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

MOre Huckabee/Land Shocker

The Huckabee thing keeps rolling.
Tony Carltledge has a masterful blog up today the Inerrancy factor in Huck's camp and I have crossblogged in the comment line at John Killian's straightforward personal assessment on Romney.
As I understand Cartledge, Huckabee whose campaign has been joined by Richard Land's Number One values voter Ronnie Floyd; Huckabee had his defintion of inerrancy been promoted in San Antonio in 1988; Huckabee woulda been branded a liberal by Paige Patterson, Jerry Vines, Floyd and the takeover artists.
To CB Scott and company again I shout, Harold Bloom has a word for you in his chapters on the SBC in the American Religion.
Ben Cole and Wade Burleson must come clean on all this as well.
This should get you to those places

http://www.homilygrits.blogspot.com/

http://www.johnkillian.blogspot.com/

Meanwhile Cathy at bl.com has a great link for the upcoming NY Times piece on HBee.

In the piece is this shocking comment from Huckabee on Richard Land. Just click on Moving on Up for the Whole article to appear Sunday.
But First, Hbee on Land at the Olive Garden in Manhattan:


In late November, Huckabee began running a short television ad called ‘‘Believe.’’ It starts with the candidate declaring, ‘‘Faith doesn’t just influence me, it really defines me.’’ As he speaks, the words ‘‘Christian Leader’’ flash across the screen. This ad was, of course, directed at the evangelical voters of Iowa. But it has also caught the attention of big-time figures in evangelical Christianity, many of whom have refrained from supporting Huckabee’s candidacy. This failure has puzzled and angered the governor. At the Olive Garden he spoke with bitterness about Richard Land, the president of the Ethics and Religious Liberty Commission of the Southern Baptist Convention. ‘‘Richard Land swoons for Fred Thompson,’’ he said. ‘‘I don’t know what that’s about. For reasons I don’t fully understand, some of these Washington-based people forget why they are there. They make ‘electability’ their criterion. But I am a true soldier for the cause. If my own abandon me on the battlefield, it will have a chilling effect.’’

Huckabee - Moving on Up
by Cathy on Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:52 am
I don't have time to read the whole article this morning, but thought it was interesting that the NYTimes was devoting so much space to Huckabee. I bring it to your attention (isn't that a fox line?) and will read it later myself (I have just read the first page).

Click on her title and her link will appear.
At same time Street Prohphets Dot Com has appeared to solve the Randy Brinson riddle, mystery and his relation to the Hbee campaign. SProphs is saying Brinson and HBee have played us all, gamed the religious left to their advantage.
I'm sure faithinpubliclife.org will take it up soon.
Meantime:
http://www.streetprophets.com/storyonly/2007/12/10/131759/85

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home