My Photo
Name:

Born May 18, 1953; got saved at Truett Memorial BC in Hayesville, NC 1959. On rigged ballot which I did not rig got Most Intellectual class of 71, Gaffney High School. Furman Grad, Sociology major but it was little tougher than Auburn football players had Had three dates with beautiful women the summer of 1978. Did not marry any of em. Never married anybody cause what was available was undesirable and what was desirable was unaffordable. Unlucky in love as they say and even still it is sometimes heartbreaking. Had a Pakistani Jr. Davis Cupper on the Ropes the summer of 84, City Courts, Rome Georgia I've a baby sitter, watched peoples homes while they were away on Vacation. Freelance writer, local consultant, screenwriter, and the best damn substitute teacher of Floyd County Georgia in mid 80's according to an anonymous kid passed me on main street a few years later when I went back to get a sandwich at Schroeders. Had some good moments in Collinsville as well. Ask Casey Mattox at www.clsnet.org if he will be honest about it. I try my best to make it to Bridges BBQ in Shelby NC at least four times a year.

Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Historic blog: The First of 2008

This is my first blog on 2008 on a very cold Day in Alabama.
I am concerned about my pipes, the waterflow but things were dripping this morning and I hope they drip for another 36 hours as it may get down to Ten Deegrees tonight.
The faucets are open and I have done all I can do; it is now in God's Hands.

Meanwhile my blog is on fire. As you see my last blog has six comments and still counting.

Here today I have come across a great Garry Wills piece in the New Yorker where he ends on this thought on the Difference between Romney and JFK:

Has Romney been able to "do a Kennedy," as his speech was billed in the press? Far from it. Kennedy was on the side of the future. He defied the Vatican's ban on American-style democracy, which was rescinded in the Second Vatican Council, convened after his election. Romney—looking to the past, and specifically to the current Bush administration's position—kowtowed to the religious right. Saying that he opposes religious tests, he passed that one.
—December 19, 2007

You can read his excellent mental exercise on a vein of true Baptist thought at www.nytimes.com

Pretty much at the same time Randall Balmer is coming out with a new book. Here he is in his own words:

October 3, 2007 2:44 PM
Ask What They Believe AND How They Would Apply It
I think it’s fair to inquire about a candidate’s faith, but we should pay careful attention to the answers.I just completed a new book entitled “God in the White House: A History: How Faith Shaped the Presidency from John F. Kennedy to George W. Bush.” Essentially, what I tried to answer was how we got from Kennedy’s speech to the ministers in Houston on the eve of the 1960 presidential election, when he implored voters to set aside a candidate’s faith when they entered the voting booth, to George W. Bush’s declaration on the eve of the 2000 Iowa precinct caucuses that Jesus was his favorite philosopher.

From Balmer's entry at Newsweek religion blogsite

Balmer will be speaking early in 2008 at Furman University. Pray for insight and wisdom and for those that have an ear to hear; and a good turnout.

4 Comments:

Blogger That Baptist Ain't Right said...

Same temp descent here in Dallas, GA, too. Good luck.

5:30 PM  
Blogger foxofbama said...

Anon:

I am trying to make it easier for folks who want to engage topic to post here, but the likes of you and other shadowy characters are absuing my generosity.
So go somewhere else unles you want to engage topic.
And have a nice time while you are there, in the land of somewhere else.

12:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anonymous said...
anonymous #1,
what you said in your above comment is 100% correct-the administrator of this blog is the "internet copy and paste king"-check his numerous rambling posts on baptistlife.com for confirmation-

6:43 PM

ORFO RULES!!!!!!!!!

2:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anonymous said...
Anonymous said...
Lets see-I saw that you posted 9 times on BL.com today-and within those posts I counted 4 copy and pastes as well as 3 different links that you added-Can't you come up with an intelligent thought of your own without having to resort to using someone else's words?Again,I would like to know where you work at-it sure does seem like you spend an awful lot of your workday on the internet-Again-I would love to know the name of your employer so that I can get a job with them-Just think-maybe me and you can get a work station right next to each other!
ORFO!!!!!!!!

7:00 PM

ORFO IS NUMBER ONE_YOU ARE #2

3:10 PM

ORFO RULES-YOU ARE THE SERVANT!!!!!!

3:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home