My Photo
Name:

Born May 18, 1953; got saved at Truett Memorial BC in Hayesville, NC 1959. On rigged ballot which I did not rig got Most Intellectual class of 71, Gaffney High School. Furman Grad, Sociology major but it was little tougher than Auburn football players had Had three dates with beautiful women the summer of 1978. Did not marry any of em. Never married anybody cause what was available was undesirable and what was desirable was unaffordable. Unlucky in love as they say and even still it is sometimes heartbreaking. Had a Pakistani Jr. Davis Cupper on the Ropes the summer of 84, City Courts, Rome Georgia I've a baby sitter, watched peoples homes while they were away on Vacation. Freelance writer, local consultant, screenwriter, and the best damn substitute teacher of Floyd County Georgia in mid 80's according to an anonymous kid passed me on main street a few years later when I went back to get a sandwich at Schroeders. Had some good moments in Collinsville as well. Ask Casey Mattox at www.clsnet.org if he will be honest about it. I try my best to make it to Bridges BBQ in Shelby NC at least four times a year.

Monday, February 25, 2008

Friend Authors book on Jung Volk; Sells Knives

http://www.jungvolk.com-a.googlepages.com/home

My friend Don Gregory, native of Crossville, Alabama and member of the Class of 72 there, has written this biography about a man he befriended in Huntsville, Alabama who was a member of Hitler's Youth Movement.

Don has a PHD in Physics from U Penn and is a tenured Professor at U Bama Huntsville.

Most Saturdays he sells Knives on the Upper Main Thoroughfare at Collinsville Trade Day. I look for a book signing there on site say about 10 Am first Sat in June at his knife stand.
He is one of the better, more honest knife traders in these parts and has a strong network of local artisan trader feeders who craft their own handles on some of the better cuts of steel.
He's a sharp fellow, great conversationalist on matters from Religion to Evolution, Film to the price of free range grain fed chickens and the eggs they produce; and politics.
Things are going well for the book. A month ago he already had sales of 1200 copies prepublished.
I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't do an event in Berlin before year's end.

Stephen Fox

New link added Feb 27

http://www.casematepublishing.com/cgi/titleinfo.pl?sku=9781932033878

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a very interesing book. I look forward to reading it.

1:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

" Anonymous said...
I realize this is not the place for this comment, but it is where I think the moderator will read it.

Suggestion: Instead of all the quotes, etc. from others, why don't you start something really interesting, like your views on the candidates and how they square with your beliefs? I think you could really have an active blog if you'd move more along those lines.
Anyone can go find what "those in the know" think about things, but it would be refreshing to have a free exchange of ideas from the "nobodies" (tic) of the world!
I'm a "nobody" and I'll bet there are lots more out there that would like to engage in some intelligent dialogue!

9:35 AM

The person who posted this sounds like they have a great deal of common sense-Why don't you reply to them-instead of doing your usual bypass?

7:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dear Nobody:

You can find more of my personal beliefs than you probably care to know at www.baptistlife.com/forums
I engage the debate there and here and everywhere.
Sfox

One way to become a somebody is to tell us who you are, where you live, what you read and what not; even what movies you like.
Maybe we can become great friends and you can buy my lunch someday.

11:19 AM  
Blogger foxofbama said...

I made some mistakes in my bio of the author of Jungvolk.
The author, Don Gregory sent me an email and here are his corrections:
I do the best I can.

well thanks fox. of course you got some stuff wrong. i actually graduated uah with a phd in physics, not u penn. i did teach some at penn state. i also graduated crossville hs in 1971 not 72. you would make a great reporter for fox news (pun intended).

Sfox here> I am adding the new link to the text of the blog so you can click on.
The Subject Gehlen; his son makes an endorsement of the book at this new site.

i am sending along, in a separate email, a link to casemate's website which has the final version of the book cover (finally). i like it. it is historically accurate now. that medal on the cover was one that a hj would have worn.

don

11:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fox said: "One way to become a somebody is to tell us who you are, where you live, what you read and what not; even what movies you like.
Maybe we can become great friends and you can buy my lunch someday."

Nobody: Or I can start my own blog and buy my own lunch.

For those who are not all hung up on "who they are" or "who you are" come visit ww.whatcomesdown.blogspot.com

12:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home