My Photo
Name:

Born May 18, 1953; got saved at Truett Memorial BC in Hayesville, NC 1959. On rigged ballot which I did not rig got Most Intellectual class of 71, Gaffney High School. Furman Grad, Sociology major but it was little tougher than Auburn football players had Had three dates with beautiful women the summer of 1978. Did not marry any of em. Never married anybody cause what was available was undesirable and what was desirable was unaffordable. Unlucky in love as they say and even still it is sometimes heartbreaking. Had a Pakistani Jr. Davis Cupper on the Ropes the summer of 84, City Courts, Rome Georgia I've a baby sitter, watched peoples homes while they were away on Vacation. Freelance writer, local consultant, screenwriter, and the best damn substitute teacher of Floyd County Georgia in mid 80's according to an anonymous kid passed me on main street a few years later when I went back to get a sandwich at Schroeders. Had some good moments in Collinsville as well. Ask Casey Mattox at www.clsnet.org if he will be honest about it. I try my best to make it to Bridges BBQ in Shelby NC at least four times a year.

Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Collinsville Film Society Breaks 60/40 for Obama/And MLK

Great deal of suspense among the charter members, some of whom have moved to another state, but late last night a holdout voter declared and the suspense if over, by a 60/40 percentage points members broke for Obama. Whether this is an index of anything, whether we are trendsetters, who knows.

I voted about noon in interesting circumstances, but everything was civil. All the elements of a short story, but such is the occasion everytime I go to town where my maternal family goes back to 1845; a town the subject of two state wide shown documentaries.

But it was brought home to me just this morning, the gross and simple human heart is universal and every polling booth today on Super Tuesday will have its short stories.

I wonder how it is playing in George Singleton and Ron Rash territory, which come to think of it was couple weeks ago.

Point being more white folk gonna vote for Obama in Alabama today than one might imagine.

sfox

and speaking of film
The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford should be in a video store near you today; and ED.com has this fine review of No Country for Old Men



PS: And on this historic day came across this gem from my friend at Furman Echol Nix

Just click on Sweet Jesus and or the furman link

Sweet Jesus
by Stephen Fox on Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:18 pm
http://www.furman.edu/press/pressarchive.cfm?ID=4131

Jonathan:

1 Comments:

Blogger That Baptist Ain't Right said...

Looking forward to seeing the movie, btw.

GA went Huckabee. Unless it was the Religous Right/Fair Tax cause, I don't get it.

Obama got the DEM nod.

I'm having a hard time deciding whom I shall ultimately support. Right now, I'm voting Libertarian because I'm not gonna give the nod to any of 'em right now.

They can mess it up even more but not with my vote to do it.

8:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home