My Photo
Name:

Born May 18, 1953; got saved at Truett Memorial BC in Hayesville, NC 1959. On rigged ballot which I did not rig got Most Intellectual class of 71, Gaffney High School. Furman Grad, Sociology major but it was little tougher than Auburn football players had Had three dates with beautiful women the summer of 1978. Did not marry any of em. Never married anybody cause what was available was undesirable and what was desirable was unaffordable. Unlucky in love as they say and even still it is sometimes heartbreaking. Had a Pakistani Jr. Davis Cupper on the Ropes the summer of 84, City Courts, Rome Georgia I've a baby sitter, watched peoples homes while they were away on Vacation. Freelance writer, local consultant, screenwriter, and the best damn substitute teacher of Floyd County Georgia in mid 80's according to an anonymous kid passed me on main street a few years later when I went back to get a sandwich at Schroeders. Had some good moments in Collinsville as well. Ask Casey Mattox at www.clsnet.org if he will be honest about it. I try my best to make it to Bridges BBQ in Shelby NC at least four times a year.

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

A Valentine's Day Poem

Don't want to let the 14th sneak up on me without an ode to Romance.

Here is the Poem

My Love said she would marry only me

And Job, himself, could not make her Care.

For what women say to Lover's, you'll agree

One writes on Running Water
or on air.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice use of random capitalization. "Lover's" should not be possessive, but plural. And I guess since there is no attribution cited, you must've composed these lines yourself, right? Certainly you wouldn't plagiarize and try to pass off someone else's work as your own. Would you?

1:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Plagiarize? A piece as pitiful as that? It's about as bad a piece of "poetry" as I've seen!

4:13 PM  
Blogger foxofbama said...

You two wouldn't know poetry from a Hole in the Ground.

The author of this poem if not Richard Liddell; is known to him.
And if you don't know Liddle, then not only do you not know poetry, you don't know cinema; making that a total of two things you don't know and that is just for starters.
Even non nit pickers can see that

8:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"You two wouldn't know poetry from a Hole in the Ground."

And you would?

1:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Richard Liddell? Is it possible that you mean Dick Liddil? Sounds like you don't even know your own source. As for my not knowing poetry, don't be absurd! THIS is poetry and a true ode to romance:

0, my love is like a red, red rose,
that's newly sprung in June.
0, my love is like a melody,
that's sweetly play'd in tune.

As fair thou art, my bonnie lass,
so deep in love am I,
And I will love thee still, my dear,
till a' the seas gang dry.

Till a' the seas gang dry, my dear,
and the rocks melt wi' the sun!
And I will love thee still, my dear,
while the sands of life shall run.

And fare the weel, my only love!
And fare the well awhile!
And I will come again, my love.
Tho it were ten thousand mile!


Yours is just some tripe from a movie.

2:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like to me that our last anonymous poster sure does know their poetry-

Maybe the owner of this blog needs to contact the last anonymous poster so that he/she can glean some poetry hunting tips from a more literate person.

2:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anonymous people are just what they are, anonymous.

Richard Liddell is in a movie and points a gun at Robert Ford.
At least we know who he is and his poetry prevails over the anonymn of this world.

You know how it is when something different crosses the threshold.
Mary Oliver

10:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home