My Photo
Name:

Born May 18, 1953; got saved at Truett Memorial BC in Hayesville, NC 1959. On rigged ballot which I did not rig got Most Intellectual class of 71, Gaffney High School. Furman Grad, Sociology major but it was little tougher than Auburn football players had Had three dates with beautiful women the summer of 1978. Did not marry any of em. Never married anybody cause what was available was undesirable and what was desirable was unaffordable. Unlucky in love as they say and even still it is sometimes heartbreaking. Had a Pakistani Jr. Davis Cupper on the Ropes the summer of 84, City Courts, Rome Georgia I've a baby sitter, watched peoples homes while they were away on Vacation. Freelance writer, local consultant, screenwriter, and the best damn substitute teacher of Floyd County Georgia in mid 80's according to an anonymous kid passed me on main street a few years later when I went back to get a sandwich at Schroeders. Had some good moments in Collinsville as well. Ask Casey Mattox at www.clsnet.org if he will be honest about it. I try my best to make it to Bridges BBQ in Shelby NC at least four times a year.

Friday, March 28, 2008

Joe Alexander of West Virginia

Good basketball player. After some of my favorites fell in the early rounds and it would be a surprise to us all if SoCon's Davidson wins tonight, I had kinda picked Wva to make it happen.
Mazulla is a good player too, and that comeback in the 2nd half last night was inspiring. When they went up six in overtime, thought for sure we would see them some more, but the Catholics started hitting the three pointer and it was not to be.
The story line segments on Alexander surprised me. I had him pegged wrong, but looks like he is a serious student.
I read a great story several years ago about a utility player that comes in for Wake Forest, maybe in the heart of the ACC Season of an exciting year in the 60's or the ACC Tourney.
For some reason watchin WVa reminded me of that story.
If you like good college basketball storylines come back to this blog next week. Maybe I can turn that story up. I remember it as a Halberstam story, but maybe I am mistaken.

Sfox

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Google him up at Wikipedia; good profile there.

10:32 AM  
Blogger Debbie said...

"If you like good college basketball storylines come back to this blog next week. Maybe I can turn that story up. I remember it as a Halberstam story, but maybe I am mistaken.

Sfox



No way-Not you Asfoxseesit!You have never made a mistake in your life-You go boy!!!!!!!!1

Love and Kisses,
Debbie from Texas
Owner of the best little Brothel in Texas

3:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Debbie,

You still doing Dallas out there in Texas?

10:51 AM  
Blogger Debbie said...

" Anonymous said...
Hey Debbie,

You still doing Dallas out there in Texas?

10:51 AM

I will if you will asfoxseesit-You try to hide behind that anonymous sign but,I know yuor style-

Debbie

10:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home