My Photo
Name:

Born May 18, 1953; got saved at Truett Memorial BC in Hayesville, NC 1959. On rigged ballot which I did not rig got Most Intellectual class of 71, Gaffney High School. Furman Grad, Sociology major but it was little tougher than Auburn football players had Had three dates with beautiful women the summer of 1978. Did not marry any of em. Never married anybody cause what was available was undesirable and what was desirable was unaffordable. Unlucky in love as they say and even still it is sometimes heartbreaking. Had a Pakistani Jr. Davis Cupper on the Ropes the summer of 84, City Courts, Rome Georgia I've a baby sitter, watched peoples homes while they were away on Vacation. Freelance writer, local consultant, screenwriter, and the best damn substitute teacher of Floyd County Georgia in mid 80's according to an anonymous kid passed me on main street a few years later when I went back to get a sandwich at Schroeders. Had some good moments in Collinsville as well. Ask Casey Mattox at www.clsnet.org if he will be honest about it. I try my best to make it to Bridges BBQ in Shelby NC at least four times a year.

Friday, March 14, 2008

The Blue Gray Tourney

I rode down to Montgomery yesterday to see it.

Between the Steele and Springville Exits there was a posse of Yamaha demon cyclists that were challenging death doing wheelies at 80 mph. I thought one of em was gonna try to squeeze between me and a transfer as I was passin.
They get off country exits and then come speedin down the ramp on the other side.
I didn't know what to do, I just kept traveling.

Had several good conversations in Montgomery and was proud to see the Furman netters struggling with the big programs.
Furman's #2 player played strong in second set against the #30 player in the nation, a Ukrainian at OkSt.
The Bama, Penn St match was pretty exciting, coming down to a tie breaker in the #1 place contest in third set.
Stopped at Full Moon BBq in Pelham on way in and had the big plate. I just wish these places would do better cornbread instead of making it so sweet in cupcake portions.
Make big pans of cornbread and serve it by the slice and make it least as good as My Grandmother Fox and Uncle Onre used to make it.

The Blue Gray:

www.bluegraytennis.com

And here is my earlier report from another venue:

I was there, I saw it
http://www.bluegraytennis.com/matchpoint/matchpoint.htm

Furman's #1 player had back problems and the Okey Staters whick is pretty much a Ukrainian team, were full blast. In fact OkSt. #1 netter had defeated the top ranked seed there, the fellow from Tulsa and Spain, earlier in the year.
And I saw the Tulsa fellow lose his first set to guy from William and Mary.
At one point in the Furman match, Furman was up in the place 3 through 6 matches. If they coulda held on they woulda won the round 4-3; but it did not happen.I talked to the Okey Ukies; nice fellows.I think Sawyer Duncan was the only Furman netter to win.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:13 PM  
Blogger foxofbama said...

This blog was about the blue gray tourney, not networking skills.
Therefore the anon comment was trash canned.

9:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

" Anonymous said...
" Oh Great asfoxseesit -you have the most connections and the greatest Name Recall of all the Blog Members. You set it up for Marsh, and Balmer, and Richard Land, and Karl Rove and Rudy Carmichael, and Oprah, and Jeremiah Wright, and Felix Mendlessohn, and Andres Segovia, and Willie Nelson, and Kenny Rogers, and Michelle Obama, and Tonto and The Lone Ranger and Rodgers and Hammerstein, and Charles Stanley and Cornel West and Doug Carver and El Greco, and Madonna, and Bill Cosby; and we all Will be there!! Just tell us when-We wait with much anticipation"

'SFox here:

I am proud to say I got an email reply from Rick Dial today who is Bill Cox in Slingblade'

oh SFox-I now bestow upon you the crown naming you the internet name dropping King/Queen

12:04 PM


" foxofbama said...
This blog was about the blue gray tourney, not networking skills.
Therefore the anon comment was trash canned.

9:15 AM

Let me ask you a question-and let me see if you will finally give me a straight answer-Okay this topic is about some event that you attended-and you want us to stick to the topic at hand-
can you honestly say that every time that you have replied to someone elses post that you have replied to THEIR TOPIC instead of going off on your own tagent about something else?

12:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Irritant:
If you have something to say; then say it; but if you don't then say something somewhere else

12:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

" Anonymous (Also known as foxofbama)said...
Irritant:
If you have something to say; then say it; but if you don't then say something somewhere else

12:19 PM

"Let me ask you a question-and let me see if you will finally give me a straight answer-Okay this topic is about some event that you attended-and you want us to stick to the topic at hand-
can you honestly say that every time that you have replied to someone elses post that you have replied to THEIR TOPIC instead of going off on your own tagent about something else?

12:02 PM

I'll tell you what-If for once in your adult? life you would give a straight answer to my above question then I would go away and quit "irritating" you-

8:53 AM  
Blogger jr said...

Steele and Springville...grew up near there. Anyway...are you a fan of Dreamland BBQ? They just give you Sunbeam loaf bread. Yum yum!!

8:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home