My Photo
Name:

Born May 18, 1953; got saved at Truett Memorial BC in Hayesville, NC 1959. On rigged ballot which I did not rig got Most Intellectual class of 71, Gaffney High School. Furman Grad, Sociology major but it was little tougher than Auburn football players had Had three dates with beautiful women the summer of 1978. Did not marry any of em. Never married anybody cause what was available was undesirable and what was desirable was unaffordable. Unlucky in love as they say and even still it is sometimes heartbreaking. Had a Pakistani Jr. Davis Cupper on the Ropes the summer of 84, City Courts, Rome Georgia I've a baby sitter, watched peoples homes while they were away on Vacation. Freelance writer, local consultant, screenwriter, and the best damn substitute teacher of Floyd County Georgia in mid 80's according to an anonymous kid passed me on main street a few years later when I went back to get a sandwich at Schroeders. Had some good moments in Collinsville as well. Ask Casey Mattox at www.clsnet.org if he will be honest about it. I try my best to make it to Bridges BBQ in Shelby NC at least four times a year.

Monday, March 03, 2008

Slingblade Reunion

HUP

http://www.enewscourier.com/local/local_story_059220433.html

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Slingblade Reunion

HUP"

So What?

What's the big deal about this ?Isn't Slingblade past history by now?

3:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is the Bible Past History?

Slingblade teaches eternal truths.
Karl Childers will never die, nor Frank Wheatley.
They will Live For Ever!!!
That is why they are reuniting near Easter.
Get it????

3:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Slingblade teaches eternal truths."

I thought the bible is the only thing that teaches eternal truths-Where is the eternal truth in a mustard biscuit?

Oops-I guess the eternal truth is that we should use a kaiser blade to put our mustard on our biscuits instead of a knife!

3:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some people call it a kaiser blade; I call it a slingblade.

As for "So What"; I guess you don't know much about Milkshakes either, or Cormac McCarthy's early novel in Sevier County, Tn or what Gore Vidal's Senator Daddy said that day their car was mobbed in Oklahoma over the price of oil and gas.
If you don't want to know nuthin, then I can't help you.

8:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Slingblade teaches eternal truths.
Karl Childers will never die, nor Frank Wheatley.
They will Live For Ever!!!
That is why they are reuniting near Easter.
Get it????"

Okay FoxofBama(If indeed thats your real name-seeing as how you responded to my posts as anonymous)
Exactly what eternal truths does Slingblade teach?I'm very much interested in your responses to this one-


"If you don't want to know nuthin, then I can't help you."

Excuse me Mr.Super Smart blogmaster -let this little small uninformed commentor help you out-the correct spelling is "NOTHING'-NOT nuthin-

4:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home