My Photo
Name:

Born May 18, 1953; got saved at Truett Memorial BC in Hayesville, NC 1959. On rigged ballot which I did not rig got Most Intellectual class of 71, Gaffney High School. Furman Grad, Sociology major but it was little tougher than Auburn football players had Had three dates with beautiful women the summer of 1978. Did not marry any of em. Never married anybody cause what was available was undesirable and what was desirable was unaffordable. Unlucky in love as they say and even still it is sometimes heartbreaking. Had a Pakistani Jr. Davis Cupper on the Ropes the summer of 84, City Courts, Rome Georgia I've a baby sitter, watched peoples homes while they were away on Vacation. Freelance writer, local consultant, screenwriter, and the best damn substitute teacher of Floyd County Georgia in mid 80's according to an anonymous kid passed me on main street a few years later when I went back to get a sandwich at Schroeders. Had some good moments in Collinsville as well. Ask Casey Mattox at www.clsnet.org if he will be honest about it. I try my best to make it to Bridges BBQ in Shelby NC at least four times a year.

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Collinsville Baptist and May 28, 2006: Lest We Forget

Memorial Day will always have a Double Ring to it for Me.
Recently I noticed where Collinsville Baptist Pastor John Morgan has brought to the folks attention the 200 year Anniversary Upcoming of the Founding of the Church. My Mom and Dad were in the Picture for the 175th Anniversary near the front row.
John Jeffers was in that picture as well.

Come back to this blog in a couple weeks as I develop some thoughts but have two links in mind for a group of phone treers there as Collinsville is historic church for sure; not only for the scenes in two documentaries shown on statewide Public television in the last 20 years.

Here are two links to consider as this blogpost takes shape

http://www.ethicsdaily.com/news.php?viewStory=16128

http://www.tonycartledge.com/2010/04/church-hurts.html

And in this Review of the First Decade of the 21st Century I conflate Collinsville with Newsweek Magazine's Jon Meacham, raised up the road in Chattanooga, and others. See the comment line of my friend John Pierce Review of the Decade.

http://www.johndpierce.com/2009/12/year-of-what.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home