My Photo
Name:

Born May 18, 1953; got saved at Truett Memorial BC in Hayesville, NC 1959. On rigged ballot which I did not rig got Most Intellectual class of 71, Gaffney High School. Furman Grad, Sociology major but it was little tougher than Auburn football players had Had three dates with beautiful women the summer of 1978. Did not marry any of em. Never married anybody cause what was available was undesirable and what was desirable was unaffordable. Unlucky in love as they say and even still it is sometimes heartbreaking. Had a Pakistani Jr. Davis Cupper on the Ropes the summer of 84, City Courts, Rome Georgia I've a baby sitter, watched peoples homes while they were away on Vacation. Freelance writer, local consultant, screenwriter, and the best damn substitute teacher of Floyd County Georgia in mid 80's according to an anonymous kid passed me on main street a few years later when I went back to get a sandwich at Schroeders. Had some good moments in Collinsville as well. Ask Casey Mattox at www.clsnet.org if he will be honest about it. I try my best to make it to Bridges BBQ in Shelby NC at least four times a year.

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Fifty Seven Today

This morning I woke up thinking about The Corpse Bird, a Short Story by Ron Rash from his collection Burning Bright. I read it for the 2nd time yesterday.
So Two things I know today, I am mortal and Christ Died for the Ungodly.
But I am no more Ungodly than you are. Fleming Rutledge is right about that in her magnificent collection of sermons Help My Unbelief.
I watched Christopher Hitchens and the Muslim novelist discuss matters of Faith on BookTv Monday night. I dismiss them. I'm staying with Abraham, Isaac,Jesus, Stewart Newman and My Dad here in my 57th year.
Yesterday I also read great interview of Debra Granik who talks about the theology of AND in film magazine on bookstands now at Barnes and Noble and Elsewhere. I commend it to you.
Comes from her film Winter's Bone set in Northwest Arkansas and rings true for me.

So now you have an option. You can send me a card--I don't mind late ones--to Collinsville, Alabama. That's Steve Fox, collinsville, Alabama.
I'll get it soon and you are more than welcome to put a dollar or two in it if you like.
And or you can approach your local friends and pool your funds to Netflix or otherwise get a copy of Winter's Bone and the White Ribbon
for your progressive Church group to discuss; and please voice attribution, and thank me by name for the recommendation.

Don't worry about me being too heavy on my birthday though I could lose about 57 pounds.
I do plan to get the free Strawberry Shortcake coming to me by virtue of my presence at a Cracker Barrel before the day is over.
As William Blake Said

.....It is right, it Should be So.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home