My Photo
Name:

Born May 18, 1953; got saved at Truett Memorial BC in Hayesville, NC 1959. On rigged ballot which I did not rig got Most Intellectual class of 71, Gaffney High School. Furman Grad, Sociology major but it was little tougher than Auburn football players had Had three dates with beautiful women the summer of 1978. Did not marry any of em. Never married anybody cause what was available was undesirable and what was desirable was unaffordable. Unlucky in love as they say and even still it is sometimes heartbreaking. Had a Pakistani Jr. Davis Cupper on the Ropes the summer of 84, City Courts, Rome Georgia I've a baby sitter, watched peoples homes while they were away on Vacation. Freelance writer, local consultant, screenwriter, and the best damn substitute teacher of Floyd County Georgia in mid 80's according to an anonymous kid passed me on main street a few years later when I went back to get a sandwich at Schroeders. Had some good moments in Collinsville as well. Ask Casey Mattox at www.clsnet.org if he will be honest about it. I try my best to make it to Bridges BBQ in Shelby NC at least four times a year.

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Occupy The Cove

Last night some travelers came through Collinsville, unseasonably cold night. They had been on the road for several days coming from Asheville and Durham. One fellow said he was in occupy San Francisco last fall; and had grown up around Roswell Georgia and wanted to go to culinary school. Was familiar with my niece's friends establishment, The West Cobb Diner. Constable Ada came out from town to check out their credentials and could find no fault with them. Late I understood the Ministerial alliance to give them warm shelter for one night. I made a call To The Shed as it turned out, but no harm came of it; and had good fortune this morning to tell a Will Campbell Story. Got me thinking about the Cove by my friend Ron Rash and how it could inflect this real life incident. One of the fellows, since they had experience around Asheville said he was gonna read it when he got settled. I believe him. They weren't around exit 205 when I came through town this morning. Said they were gonna try to get to California and regroup and rest there for a while. I hope they make it. All this on a day started on NPR with a report on Kris Kobach and the Bama Immigration bill, with Gov Bentley and 3rd grade children from Crossville in Montgomery. Almost brought tears to my eyes when I got to thinkin about it all. I sent the WMU an email

1 Comments:

Blogger foxofbama said...

Wayfarers was the word I meant to use in the text, but didn't come to mind as I was writin.

3:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home