My Photo
Name:

Born May 18, 1953; got saved at Truett Memorial BC in Hayesville, NC 1959. On rigged ballot which I did not rig got Most Intellectual class of 71, Gaffney High School. Furman Grad, Sociology major but it was little tougher than Auburn football players had Had three dates with beautiful women the summer of 1978. Did not marry any of em. Never married anybody cause what was available was undesirable and what was desirable was unaffordable. Unlucky in love as they say and even still it is sometimes heartbreaking. Had a Pakistani Jr. Davis Cupper on the Ropes the summer of 84, City Courts, Rome Georgia I've a baby sitter, watched peoples homes while they were away on Vacation. Freelance writer, local consultant, screenwriter, and the best damn substitute teacher of Floyd County Georgia in mid 80's according to an anonymous kid passed me on main street a few years later when I went back to get a sandwich at Schroeders. Had some good moments in Collinsville as well. Ask Casey Mattox at www.clsnet.org if he will be honest about it. I try my best to make it to Bridges BBQ in Shelby NC at least four times a year.

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Laura Bush, Vestal, Elvis and Casey Mattox

This blog will be a work in progress
Here are some of the players
Laurs Bush, W's Wife of Midland Texas where CBF's Dan Vestal was an 80's pastor, and George W Accepted Jesus as his Saviour when Arthur Blessit was in town circa 84-88--see the Movie W.
Vestal, Jim Lacy's pastor; Lacy an oilman big fan of W. and a treasurer of Baptist Laity whose David Currie was panelist at the Collinsville Baptist Church Feb 24 or so 2002
Casey Mattox, CHS 93, my charge on occasion in his 6th grade when I subbed some for 35 dollars a day and lunch for $1.45
Charles Pickering, Allied Defense Fund for whom Casey now writes and has hissy fits about Planned Parenthood.
Friday Night Lights, first movie with Billy Bob and then highly acclaimed TV Series ( I asked BBob a question Feb 2007 in Florence, Alabama
Hillary Clinton, the President's wife

Okay, here is how I understand the story to date. Laura, who I always thought was pretty and woulda been an object of desire had I been her contemporary in Midland--the secret smoking and all woulda made her even more alluring and tempting--according to NPR recently stood with Hillary to say gains of women in Afhanistan must not be lost to the Taliban.
Planned Parenthood in Odessa, Tx, home of Permian MoJo football, has shut down and made a bigger load on the poor women there now who have to go to Midland.
When W. was runnin for second term in 04 TNR said it would be disingenuous for Bush to condemn fundamentalism in the Iran and Afghanistan while winking at milder versions among his own constituency.
Folks, Casey Mattox, homegrown in Collinsville is that milder version the TNR warned about and Elvis and Laurs Bush stand against him
More later bringing Elvis into the thicket

1 Comments:

Blogger LKSeat said...

Thank you for posting comments on my blog, The View from This Seat.

I would like to make direct contact with you, but I can't seem to locate an e-mail address--or even your name.

If you don't mind, drop me a line at LKSeat@gmail.com

Thanks!

Leroy Seat

1:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home