My Photo
Name:

Born May 18, 1953; got saved at Truett Memorial BC in Hayesville, NC 1959. On rigged ballot which I did not rig got Most Intellectual class of 71, Gaffney High School. Furman Grad, Sociology major but it was little tougher than Auburn football players had Had three dates with beautiful women the summer of 1978. Did not marry any of em. Never married anybody cause what was available was undesirable and what was desirable was unaffordable. Unlucky in love as they say and even still it is sometimes heartbreaking. Had a Pakistani Jr. Davis Cupper on the Ropes the summer of 84, City Courts, Rome Georgia I've a baby sitter, watched peoples homes while they were away on Vacation. Freelance writer, local consultant, screenwriter, and the best damn substitute teacher of Floyd County Georgia in mid 80's according to an anonymous kid passed me on main street a few years later when I went back to get a sandwich at Schroeders. Had some good moments in Collinsville as well. Ask Casey Mattox at www.clsnet.org if he will be honest about it. I try my best to make it to Bridges BBQ in Shelby NC at least four times a year.

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Banned from Church; I am not alone/Jesse James violent End.

http://online.wsj.com/public/article/SB120061470848399079-qR9UbyV4HvtwSujP_4sk5XmxzNg_20080217.html?mod=tff_main_tff_top

The Wall Street Journal has taken up the cause.

In my semi documented case--the final chapter has yet to be written--bottom line for me is those who in the shadows brought petty charges against me 1) I left choir practice early 2) I sat in wrong block of church during Sunday night Bible Study 3) I responded in kind to anonymous cohorts of the Preacher's Duke son at Baptist Life.com; bottom line is the string pullers refused to meet with me to talk it out.
I made several mistakes and errors of strategy. There are some things I have apologized form and others I am willing to discuss;
But unlike one formal charger I never cussed anybody out to their face; twice for that matter.
But so it goes; a preacher has to make a living and it isn't always pretty. My Dad faced the same things on several occasions.
I regret the things that were my fault.
But in a contest between a man and a steer--in my case a revenant and the Council of Shadows--the outcome is not certain; to paraphrase Tom Ed Bell in No Country for Old Men.
Couple notes on the article: One of the finest, well two of the finest Christians I know in Dekalb County, Alabama, one raised near Statham, were regulars at Al Jackson's church as students at Auburn.
Noblit's wife is a former Miss Alabama contestant, and bro in law is the campus minister at UAB. I have had conversations with Miss A's Dad about churchins.
Noblit could use a strong dose of the last chapter of Garry Wills Head and Heart, the one on the Rove Era.

One other short item:
You want want to miss Steve Miller's review of There will Be Blood in that Post here at this blog
And: The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford is released on DVD Feb 5.
I learned it yesterday in Huntsville, Alabama, a bright sunny day.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"In my semi documented case--the final chapter has yet to be written--bottom line for me is those who in the shadows brought petty charges against me 1) I left choir practice early 2) I sat in wrong block of church during Sunday night Bible Study 3) I responded in kind to anonymous cohorts of the Preacher's Duke son at Baptist Life.com; bottom line is the string pullers refused to meet with me to talk it out."

This is so incredibly wrong-How could any church kick a member out without just cause?Who were these so called string pullers in your church and how on earth did they get so much power and control?The above reasons that you gave for your being kicked out don't seem to be that serious-How could this have happened to you?

7:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Exactly the question: How did it happen?
It is a mystery of dissent, with angles at Yale and it got all wigged out.
I think I know a quote that may help, but I can't put my finger on it at the moment

11:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"In my semi documented case--the final chapter has yet to be written--bottom line for me is those who in the shadows brought petty charges against me"

What I would like to know is this-who are these so called shadow people?Secondly,and more important-How did they gain so much power-If they are so "right' in their opinions they need to man up and come out of their "shadows" and identify themselves!

4:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home