My Photo
Name:

Born May 18, 1953; got saved at Truett Memorial BC in Hayesville, NC 1959. On rigged ballot which I did not rig got Most Intellectual class of 71, Gaffney High School. Furman Grad, Sociology major but it was little tougher than Auburn football players had Had three dates with beautiful women the summer of 1978. Did not marry any of em. Never married anybody cause what was available was undesirable and what was desirable was unaffordable. Unlucky in love as they say and even still it is sometimes heartbreaking. Had a Pakistani Jr. Davis Cupper on the Ropes the summer of 84, City Courts, Rome Georgia I've a baby sitter, watched peoples homes while they were away on Vacation. Freelance writer, local consultant, screenwriter, and the best damn substitute teacher of Floyd County Georgia in mid 80's according to an anonymous kid passed me on main street a few years later when I went back to get a sandwich at Schroeders. Had some good moments in Collinsville as well. Ask Casey Mattox at www.clsnet.org if he will be honest about it. I try my best to make it to Bridges BBQ in Shelby NC at least four times a year.

Friday, April 11, 2008

5Pm Bama time Storm Blog

I was sittin here in this lyberry and a fellow said that red car out there is about to be overrun by water. So I felt okay since my car is a shade of green but I looked out the window anyway and sure enough the fellow was color blind.
So I'm in my short, My Am Eagle shorts cause I dress up when I go to the lyberry and I went out front about twenty yards from my car and I was thinkin about getting my shoes wet and what effect that would have if I was to get lightnin struck, which by the way was strikin.
So I quickly figgered shoes or no shoes wouldn't have much on the outcome so I shed em.
I dashed out and sure enough I'd locked the car. The water was up to the door, but I opened it and what splashed in was all that got in there.
Unlike the fright on 8th Avenue back in 94, the car started on first crank.
I drove my car in the lyberry parkin lot playing my Rollin Stones CD, ironically I was lookin at this when I looked out the window to see the Red car that turned out to be my green.
Was lookin at

http://www.newyorker.com/arts/critics/cinema/2008/04/14/080414crci_cinema_lane

I was wearing my Furman cap; I think that is what protected me, that and the love of Jesus.
And now you get to share in my story, blessings all around if I don't get struck on the way home cause this weekend I think I'm gonna get to see The
Assassination of Jesse James by The Coward Robert Ford with that cameo of the Train Robber Poet that reminds me of a Collinsville Character.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A new plan for the Fox family...


...concerning their participation on the various BaptistLife forums.

Stephen and Prentice have agreed to alternate months in their participation here. Only one of them will be "on" at a time for a given month, although the "off" Fox can toss in a single post per day. Perhaps this will keep us all from overdosing on Foxes. I thought it a good idea to mention this, since a couple of dozen of us make up somewhat of a family.

only 16 more days until may-and our long awaited vacation-

10:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some friends have set up a night to go see Shine A Light, I have become more interested since I saw the reviews but I have seen the Stones live about six times over the many years (I think as late as 2005) so a filmed concert seems a bit redundant ....

I read the review, it seems our Mr. Lane is a bit disappointed. I noted that he says he has always been "indifferent" to the Stones. I think Shine a Light is for people who are fans of the Stones songs and I can believe those who are not may not like the movie since not much else happens but the songs. I have been suprised at how good the other reviews were, I thought the critics would have the long knives out....

10:14 AM  
Blogger foxofbama said...

I don't know but does this look a little curious to you or not?
Anon who is engrossed by Bl.com but stays anonymous posts in the late PM last night about The Fox Family and then we have the bl.com board visited in the wee hours of Monday Morning.
I think Gloria needs to be praying with some of her cursing Christians and see if we can't see who is full of malice and hate; maybe some other folks need to get Voted out of the Babdiss while the scapegoat ought to be let back in to sing the Songs of Zion in the place where his Mother was baptized.
I thought I had a relatively cute blog about the storm and Anon One took it straight to Hell.


Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2006 1:53 am Last visited: Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:06 am Total posts: 6 | Search user’s posts
(0.01% of all posts / 0.01 posts per day) Most active forum: Baptist Faith & Practice Forum
(6 Posts / 100.00% of user’s posts) Most active topic: How much longer before Brer Fox can

10:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A new plan for the Fox family...


...concerning their participation on the various BaptistLife forums.

Stephen and Prentice have agreed to alternate months in their participation here. Only one of them will be "on" at a time for a given month, although the "off" Fox can toss in a single post per day. Perhaps this will keep us all from overdosing on Foxes. I thought it a good idea to mention this, since a couple of dozen of us make up somewhat of a family.

only 16 more days until may-and our long awaited vacation-

10:11 PM

here is a correction to the above comment-it is now 15 and 1/2 days until we are relieved of someones extensive copy and pasting-and also their long and rambling posts-
Whew-

12:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anonymous whoever you are:

Point to something of substance you have ever done or read or thought in your life.
Take your dung somewhere else
You coward, don't even have the guts to identify yourself.
If you don't like Fox, then to Hell with it. You are probably not alone.
Find something else to do, you........

12:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home