My Photo
Name:

Born May 18, 1953; got saved at Truett Memorial BC in Hayesville, NC 1959. On rigged ballot which I did not rig got Most Intellectual class of 71, Gaffney High School. Furman Grad, Sociology major but it was little tougher than Auburn football players had Had three dates with beautiful women the summer of 1978. Did not marry any of em. Never married anybody cause what was available was undesirable and what was desirable was unaffordable. Unlucky in love as they say and even still it is sometimes heartbreaking. Had a Pakistani Jr. Davis Cupper on the Ropes the summer of 84, City Courts, Rome Georgia I've a baby sitter, watched peoples homes while they were away on Vacation. Freelance writer, local consultant, screenwriter, and the best damn substitute teacher of Floyd County Georgia in mid 80's according to an anonymous kid passed me on main street a few years later when I went back to get a sandwich at Schroeders. Had some good moments in Collinsville as well. Ask Casey Mattox at www.clsnet.org if he will be honest about it. I try my best to make it to Bridges BBQ in Shelby NC at least four times a year.

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Mary Sue Bennett and Joseph Morgan

Mary Sue is the Executive Director to Rick Lance, the EX Director of Alabama Baptists in Montgomery. She is longtime friend of Gov Bentley as they worshipped together at FBC Tuscaloosa where Lance was pastor. Now they are all in Montgomery.

  Mary Sue has been quite hospitable and patient with my several calls the last few weeks on immigration reform, Kris Kobach and  Eunie Smith; and David Barton. I think she has a conscience. I think she and My Mother woulda been friends in the WMU had their paths crossed. I would not be surprised if Mary Sue knew Mary Katherine Reed of Collinsville whe MKat was on faculty at University of Alabama.
    Joseph Morgan is the fourth son of the Morgans of Collinsville. They have been here for 30 years; about 145 less than my Mother's family. They were present in Feb 2002 when Lottie Moon's biographer was on panel at Collinsville, Baptist Church.

  The Morgan's Fifth son may be Casey Mattox, not biologically but ideologically. I don't know if they have discussed Mike Hubbard's Republican Handshake or not. Joseph works with the GOP now in Bham. We have a share memory of Trade Day about Christmas 95 when my Dad tried to pass some flowers off on a fellow whose car was dented. Luke Griggs was laughin too, almost crampin.

   But I can't understand when the Morgans are gonna have the family conversation about the Tea Party. I don't talk to them as much as I did before May 28, 2006; but Yale and Duke and UVA has to come to something. Meanwhile between Charles Pickering and Barton and Kobach Bama is languishing and the Morgan fog is dense. Least Im not hearing of much clearing.

1 Comments:

Blogger foxofbama said...

Ex Secretary, I shoulda ideed Ms Bennett as.

3:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home