My Photo
Name:

Born May 18, 1953; got saved at Truett Memorial BC in Hayesville, NC 1959. On rigged ballot which I did not rig got Most Intellectual class of 71, Gaffney High School. Furman Grad, Sociology major but it was little tougher than Auburn football players had Had three dates with beautiful women the summer of 1978. Did not marry any of em. Never married anybody cause what was available was undesirable and what was desirable was unaffordable. Unlucky in love as they say and even still it is sometimes heartbreaking. Had a Pakistani Jr. Davis Cupper on the Ropes the summer of 84, City Courts, Rome Georgia I've a baby sitter, watched peoples homes while they were away on Vacation. Freelance writer, local consultant, screenwriter, and the best damn substitute teacher of Floyd County Georgia in mid 80's according to an anonymous kid passed me on main street a few years later when I went back to get a sandwich at Schroeders. Had some good moments in Collinsville as well. Ask Casey Mattox at www.clsnet.org if he will be honest about it. I try my best to make it to Bridges BBQ in Shelby NC at least four times a year.

Friday, October 19, 2012

Billy Ferguson, Luc Sante and the Hoover Bucs

  This blog is a work in progress so come back to it in a few days. Kind of a conflation of couple but while I have the Luc Sante thought at hand was gonna get it down. The Hoover Bucs is in re a challenge I have made unsolicited for the Gaffney Indians cause I think we can whoop the MTV Hotshots. And Billy Ferguson told me a great story I will share soon about Bucs former Coach Propst I will get to soon.

    But Today this reference to Luc Sante, a consultant to Gangs of New York, from the New York Review of Books of April 17, 2007
   Quoting NYBooks.com though now this is only in the print archives.

     ...The proposition that 'every individual is an archaeological site' is enlarged upson [Sante's] 1996 Factory of Facts....[In which] he undertakes to catalog the materials out of which he, like anyone else, has been made: offhand remarks, things glimpsed in passing, jokes and commonplaces, shop displays and climate and flickering light and textures of walls.

   But such pieces of memory are only the starting point. Each layer of detritus, remembered of reconstructed, reveals further and older strata--Belgium colonialism, the industrial revolution, Christianity--until a personal identity begins to resemble a midden leap on which certain fragments of the world happen to have accumulated.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home