My Photo
Name:

Born May 18, 1953; got saved at Truett Memorial BC in Hayesville, NC 1959. On rigged ballot which I did not rig got Most Intellectual class of 71, Gaffney High School. Furman Grad, Sociology major but it was little tougher than Auburn football players had Had three dates with beautiful women the summer of 1978. Did not marry any of em. Never married anybody cause what was available was undesirable and what was desirable was unaffordable. Unlucky in love as they say and even still it is sometimes heartbreaking. Had a Pakistani Jr. Davis Cupper on the Ropes the summer of 84, City Courts, Rome Georgia I've a baby sitter, watched peoples homes while they were away on Vacation. Freelance writer, local consultant, screenwriter, and the best damn substitute teacher of Floyd County Georgia in mid 80's according to an anonymous kid passed me on main street a few years later when I went back to get a sandwich at Schroeders. Had some good moments in Collinsville as well. Ask Casey Mattox at www.clsnet.org if he will be honest about it. I try my best to make it to Bridges BBQ in Shelby NC at least four times a year.

Friday, August 30, 2013

Aderholt, Lankford, Baptists, Ignorance and Immigration Reform

    I talked to staff of three congressmen this morning. Left a note for Tuca of Brazil and Dallas Baptist Bible College at the Oklahoma office of ordained SBC minister James Lankford. Talked to young girl with an associates degree from Geraldine who is Joe Morgan's associate in the Gadsden Office of Robert Adherholt, my US Congressman here in NE Bama. Talked to Katie Anne of Cullman and UBama who is now on staff with Adherholt at D.C.; she took my friend Brooks Simmons place from Jasper. And I talked yesterday to Marianna of Clemson and Spartanburg Day School on staff with Trey Gowdy of the House Judiciary committee.
      Katie Anne didn't know who Judge Frank Johnson was. Nice girl but ignorant. I told her as kindly as I knew how I considered that pathetic. The Geraldine girl didn't know Frank either. I wonder who screens these people. I recommended for beginners Sam Hodges book for the Love of Alabama. An easy read and I don't think it too much to ask Congressional staffers with a college degree know a little bit about the history of the state they represent. Joe Morgan, do you hear me out there?

     My main point today in calling these people is the staff and the Reps--left Boone Tynard of Mike Hubbard's a couple messages too about voter Suprresion an the like--is to pass the word Miguel de la torre has a Christian justice template for immigration reform in his easily googled piece on flaws with the senate bill at abpnews.com. And Willimon repents googling for ethicsdaily is stellar as well.

   All these reps wear their brand of their Christian Credentials on their sleeves. As I reported below I had a strong conversation with Trey Gowdy two weeks ago in Upstate S.C.

    Lets see what these politicians do at this moment. Hope you are following them closely.

1 Comments:

Blogger Southern-Sighted said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

10:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home