My Photo
Name:

Born May 18, 1953; got saved at Truett Memorial BC in Hayesville, NC 1959. On rigged ballot which I did not rig got Most Intellectual class of 71, Gaffney High School. Furman Grad, Sociology major but it was little tougher than Auburn football players had Had three dates with beautiful women the summer of 1978. Did not marry any of em. Never married anybody cause what was available was undesirable and what was desirable was unaffordable. Unlucky in love as they say and even still it is sometimes heartbreaking. Had a Pakistani Jr. Davis Cupper on the Ropes the summer of 84, City Courts, Rome Georgia I've a baby sitter, watched peoples homes while they were away on Vacation. Freelance writer, local consultant, screenwriter, and the best damn substitute teacher of Floyd County Georgia in mid 80's according to an anonymous kid passed me on main street a few years later when I went back to get a sandwich at Schroeders. Had some good moments in Collinsville as well. Ask Casey Mattox at www.clsnet.org if he will be honest about it. I try my best to make it to Bridges BBQ in Shelby NC at least four times a year.

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Flick and Prentice Love Fest at Bl.com

Since he sidelined me unilaterrally at bl.com, looks like Oklahoma Flick and Winston have fallen in love.
Here is the latest indication
Re: Dr. Klouda vs. SWBTS and Paige Patterson will go forward
by David Flick on Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:11 pm
Lamar Wadsworth wrote:Just thinking today about the plight of the seminary lawyers who are trying to defend the indefensible and get the seminary and PP off as light as possible. Couldn't help but think of Willie Nelson's song:You gotta know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em,Know when to walk away, know when to run... I predict that they will fold 'em, settle generously out of court, and walk away thankful to cut their losses. Any monies spent on this settlement and legal expenses will be monies that can't be spent to propagate Patterson's misogyny. No way do they want a jury to get hold of this.I couldn't help myself here, Uncle Prentice. Hit warn't Willie Nelson that sung them words. It was Kenney Rogers who made them words famous...

It is becoming obvious by most sentient beings the ersatz "Chaplain" is having a field day at bl.com subtly mocking my absence at every turn, from the post on Marshall Frady, to bringing up Snyder again, to Nifonging the world and all of a sudden his favorite politician is Lowell Barron.
Dr. Flick, look at the phone call below I brought to the attention of the Snyder staff. (Fri, Sept 21: I took that blog down for further review)
Come on, you and Gourley got better sense than to let this Horse manure continue. I explained myself well. I asked for common sense with my Uncle when he first came on, but you unwittingly encouraged and enabled the mess.
So I took it to the absurd, and you curmudgeonly got blinded and came to love your authority as much as you abhorred it in your Oklahoma nemesis Anthony Jordan when the tables were turned on you.
Do the right thing; Put me back up and let's go on. Table Prentice for 15 days or so, because as hard as it is to do he is embarassing me.
Even so I wish you well in your ordeal on Monday. Your wife deserves for you not to suffer too much, insufferable as you are even in the best of circumstances, and I say that with a dose of affection.

Sfox

2 Comments:

Blogger David Flick said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:20 AM  
Blogger foxofbama said...

I appreciate my friend David Flick's reply as it is irredeemably myopic. His betters at Bl.com I hope are considering new information I have emailed them.
Even so I consider Flick a friend, and wish him well in his hospital stay.
I hope he comes out of it with better soundness of mind than the Ok St. Football coach of late as he considered public musings.
BTW, the Bama TV pundits on their Sunday night show last night seemed to think the Coach had a point, but he coulda handled himself better.
Good luck, Flick, with your ordeal; and I hope we can come to some accomodation soon

12:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home