My Photo
Name:

Born May 18, 1953; got saved at Truett Memorial BC in Hayesville, NC 1959. On rigged ballot which I did not rig got Most Intellectual class of 71, Gaffney High School. Furman Grad, Sociology major but it was little tougher than Auburn football players had Had three dates with beautiful women the summer of 1978. Did not marry any of em. Never married anybody cause what was available was undesirable and what was desirable was unaffordable. Unlucky in love as they say and even still it is sometimes heartbreaking. Had a Pakistani Jr. Davis Cupper on the Ropes the summer of 84, City Courts, Rome Georgia I've a baby sitter, watched peoples homes while they were away on Vacation. Freelance writer, local consultant, screenwriter, and the best damn substitute teacher of Floyd County Georgia in mid 80's according to an anonymous kid passed me on main street a few years later when I went back to get a sandwich at Schroeders. Had some good moments in Collinsville as well. Ask Casey Mattox at www.clsnet.org if he will be honest about it. I try my best to make it to Bridges BBQ in Shelby NC at least four times a year.

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

They are talking about me at the Old Home Place, BLDotCom

I just was just ambling around and checked over at the www.baptistlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3062

to see how the Homeboys were doing in my absence. Just as I suspected they miss me, some of them have something of a hurting heart.
But as you would imagine, it was a fundamentalist, just like women were first at the tomb, who was the first to acknowledge the loss. Speaking of loss, I miss those emoticons. Need em now to nuance my true feelings.
From a few loose ends of that discussion, I'm up William on Meacham. I referenced him and the June 30 www.pbs.org/newshour discussion in a letter I got published in the Gadsden Times about my March 22 encounter with Judge Roy Moore.
William, you should make the hour half drive up Thursday afternoon, no kiddin to hear David Jasper's final lecture at this year's Furman Pastor's school. I'll take you over to the Lyberry here and show you Marshall Frady's picture in the 63 annual. Show you mine and the thousand or so women I dated when I was a student here. Actually I think the number came to 11.
Jasper is worth the trip up. I think with all my connections (lol) I can get you in one session for 10 bucks, maybe even 7.50 ; I'll give you one of my CFA coupons and introduce you to Miller and Lemons and my incognito Bama CBF friend who read my stuff at bl.com but doesn't want his name up on the board. But we have pledged outreach to get Gary Burton here next year soon.
Good news Is my brother is buying my lunch tomorrow, and I think I got somebody set up for Thursday; another l0l. What a lunch Thursday, me here with the Furman swells and Flick out there in Enid with the great Tom Webb and the Man of the Hour, Wade Burleson.
Pearl Jam has a song by that title. Any of you heard it. What movie did it make famous?

Fox in Exile.
Oh I took one lyberry throwdown post down and replaced it with another for the strong one this weekend. I thank it may make statewide news.

2 Comments:

Blogger foxofbama said...

Thank you William, with no offense to Norm. When I collect my thoughts I will place here best I can a repeat of my remarks at the Furman pastors school tonight.
It has been a wonderful room though the numbers are low this year, the conversation has been stout with Lutherans, Catholics, UCC, National Baptists, and a couple Episcopalians.
My only regret was I was not in the room last night when two of the headliners debated for two hours the Mary Madgyla story off site. Best I can get the guts of it was one thought the other was convinced of more facts in the story than the text reports itself.
The Old Oral History Debate and what the nature of truth is in Fiction.
I said My Grandfather bought the whole thing lock stock and barrel and he was a better man than I was as were a lot of folks in Collinsville who do not consider everything I do, at least the 20 who voted for me May 28.
Now whether that number includes Willian at the expense of Norm, I cannot exclude anyone at this juncture having been excluded myself.
I know this much, even knew it before the Pastors school, a New Testament church is not as easily in the Exclusion Bidniss as a COS driven majoritarianism deal like the one where my Momma was baptized.
To that end the local Preacher's wife got it all wrong, Up with People and Norma Zimmer notwithstanding.
Thank you William and Thank you Norm

8:36 PM  
Blogger foxofbama said...

It's starting to get nasty over at the old homeplace discussing me.
I don't remember calling Flick an old man in any pejorative sense, just pointed out that he was the oldest man in the picture.
He sent me an email or commented here honored he was in the picture; and I went on at some length how proud I was to know two folks in the fellowship there in Enid around Wade's table yesterday.
I don't consider that name dropping.
They keep talking about my mental hemorrhages over there at bl.com and now they go on for two online pages hemorrhaging while I am over here in my own world having a good time with 2088 and a few others that drop by during the Holidays and high holy days, and my old friends start having bimbo eruptions about it.
If William and me were in a room with about half that crowd who I do love bantering with and look forward to some day coming out of exile to lead them again cause they have gone so far astray and uninformed while I'm gone; what i'm saying is they're lost without me; whee was I? If me and William was in a room withem, to paraphrase Doyle Hargraves on a PG board we'd be about the only sane biscuits in there; and William is a card carrying fundy, but at least he is a sane one, and far as I know not a 6 day creationist like some folks I know On Marty Duren's board at that.
Stephen the Magnificent

7:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home